X

Top Triple tree

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Top Triple tree

Hi Guys, I have a 99 katana, that I have done alot of work too....I noticed today that the TOP triple tree seems have a little play in it,

Im no mech, I tryed to tighten the 4 bolts, Removed the caps and they were tight....but there is still some play in it, not major but its there,........if i turn the bars all the way one way then push it a little more where thwe fork tubes come thru the top triple tree I can see it move a bit...

Is this normal? Are there bushings under there? or is it just metal to metal? Im lost, any help would be great, I will post before and after pics soon! thanks

it a 750 right ??
    the 750's do have a bunch of rubber in there ,8 I think
    the 600cc dont mount the same
    the handle bar bracket is on top of the upper triple
    I never got worried enough to replace them on my 04 , I think they were $13 each X 8
    I was going to pull it a part and check to see if I could use the rubbers from a Moog #K5252 (sway bar link kit for chevy) but I sold it before I ever did it
    Blood , its in you to give! http://www.blood.ca/

Comment

Thanks,,,,
      Yes its a 750, sorry for not putting that in there, I thought there was rubber under there, It feels like it, If I was to look into changing them what would I search for? katana top tree bushings??

Comment

Thank You!

Comment

Working...
        X