X

Should I or not?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Assimve View Post
    I was going to buy this bike a couple months ago. The guy refused to drop the price or separate the bike and trailer.

After all this time I bet you could not only get him to separate them, but lower the price a ton on the Katana. First thing I would mention is that you know his ad has been around a while, and follow that with "What is wrong with it." . Those two lines back to back always save me a couple hundred off the top. Then I start negotiating .
    Oh okay...

Did you actually talk to the guy or just through e-mail? Is there anything wrong with the bike that you know of? How'd he seem...like a turd? I swear, sometimes people just don't want to haggle.

I'd be alright with paying $3k for the bike if it was flawless, had only one owner, and the tires had plenty of tread left.

Otherwise, if it's been dropped or it needs tires or something...I'd be willing to pay $25-2700. I know it's somewhat of a high price but honestly, it's either that or pay $1800 for one that's got a zillion miles and is 10 or more years old. And I don't need/want/have room for the trailer. I'm fine with paying the $15 to rent a trailer from U-Haul. I also don't want/need his old gear either. Maybe if he had a nice set of boots that would fit but other than that, forget it. I've got my own gear, LOL!
    Last edited by jfew02; 03-12-2012, 09:54 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Working...
    X