Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

yess! verry intrested.

bravo by the way, looks sharp

Comment

im interested as well to find out how/what you did to the frame, any advice would be great.
      Life's fast so you have to be faster, ride fast and take risks...

Comment

Ilove it let me know all that you had to do

Comment

Well, the tail was actually much more involved than the front. I ended up chopping the frame behind the gas tank and welding up a new subframe to fit the tail, then adapting the subframe to the existing frame with a series of mounting flanges and risers. As I said before, I tend to carry passengers fairly regularly so I kept the third (lowest) subframe supports to aid in stability. I welded a bar across the subframe for a seat catch on the front seat and bolted it down to the sides of the subframe. For the rear seat/solo cowl, I fabricated a crossmember and mounted my stock '91 rear seat latch mechanism on it so that it still works with the original key.

For the front, I bacially fabricated a brace to hold the bottom of the upper faring and bolted it to the tab that's welded onto the neck where the old gauge pod bracket bolted into. Once I got the front positioned where I wanted to that it would flow with the sides and everyting would line up (that was the hardest part), I bolted up the left side using a threaded insert pressed into the frame and fabricated a mounting bracket for the right side. After that, I made some temporary braces to tie the bottoms of the two sides together. As for the headlight, I gutted a stock 04 gixxer headlght and bolted in two very bright driving lights one atop the other. I then masked off two circles where the lights would shine though and painted the rest of the lens.

There's still a lot of work left...I need to fabricate upper fairing stays to hold the windsreen steady and mount the mirror to, make more permanent lower tie mounts to hold the two sides together underneath the bike, make a battery box/glamour cover to hide all that crap under the seat, finish prep work on the fairings, and paint everything. But at least it's all together

Don't really know what else to say...if anyone has any particular questions about it just PM or AIM me.
          --2002 Triumph Daytona 955i
          --'91 Katana 600/'04 Gixxer 600 Hybrid

Comment

thanks for the explination im looking to change the front/side fairings just wondering what it took for you to do that.
            Life's fast so you have to be faster, ride fast and take risks...

Comment

That bike is awesome. Thanks for the write up on how you did it. You and Waltari have the coolest one off bikes around. I love them.

I have been toying with the idea of buying another Kat for a cheap project. So the more pictures you have would be great.

Comment

I'll take some real pics soon...it's tough 'cause by the time I get home it's already dark and the weekends have been pretty crazy lately.
                --2002 Triumph Daytona 955i
                --'91 Katana 600/'04 Gixxer 600 Hybrid

Comment

are u goin to make that front and sell it
                  When the Job and Wife gives U Hell take the Xtra long way to them

Comment

Originally posted by RydeBye View Post
                    I want that front end to stick on my 98+

I am currently in the process of doing an 06 600 nose conversion on my 98+ Kat

Comment

Hello 3 year old thread, how are you today?

Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com

Originally posted by EmpiGTV
                      You know why you shouldn't hold in your farts? Because they'll travel up your spine and into your brain. That's where shitty ideas come from.

Comment

perhaps if i post here, then the thread will resurface in another three years and i can laugh at what im typing today... but seriously though, i wish the dude would have finished or done a write up with some pictures ......
                        Currently Riding:
                        1995 Katana 600
                        V&H Exhaust
                        Jet Kit

SOLD
                        2003 SV650S - Orange Comet Project
                        1987 XV700 Bobber
                        REPO'D - 2004 Harley XL1200R

“Ill Keep Freedom, My Guns, & My Money, You Keep The Change

Comment

Chrome Project Part 1
                          http://www.freewebs.com/mreedohio/

Chrome Project Part 2

http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=91192

Chrome Project Part 3
                          http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=91192&page=30

Chrome Project Finished
                          http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=107586

Comment

well.. atleast it was nice to see someone else from Sarasota...
                            myspace
                            2006 Suzuki Kat GSX750F

Comment

wow..talk about dragging something up from the deep...
                              It doesn't matter what you ride, as long as you ride.

Comment

I can wait for better pics when he feels like it ,it looks good so far

Comment

Working...
                                X