X

Joe Rocket or Icon (gloves)

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Joe Rocket or Icon (gloves)

Whats ur pleasure ? Icon or Joe Rocket ?

I just picked up a pair of these 2 days ago

real comfortable, and got them for 25.00 from one of the local dealers around here.

What do you guys wear ?
    Joe Rocket
    0.00%
    Icon
    100.00%

Those look nice!
    I've got 3 pairs of Joe Rockets.
    Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register

Comment

thats a steal.....

Comment

I've got some JR mesh gloves. Had 2 different pairs of Icon gloves - sold em to friends.

I am currently using some nice gericke (sp?) gauntlets. They are super comfy and very nice weather.
        Kyle

Comment

jr for me all my gear just picked up a two peice suit for the wife on ebay
          it would not be any fun if it was easy! but does it have to be this much fun!!
          Give A Person Expetations To Live Up To Not to A Reputition To Live Down !!

Comment

I was out riding 2 nights ago, 40 degrees, without the wind chill..and I couldnt find my gloves anywhere..i was nice and warm, but my hands were turned into freeze pops...so i went to walmart when i was out, and bought a pair of cheap work gloves just to be able to get home without my hands falling off...looked again when I got home, still didnt find em, so I went out to the local dealer and picked up the new icons.

Comment

I've got the following :

Teknic Thunder gloves (for cold weather) - keeps your hands very warm but a little too bulky for my taste
              Teknic studded Lightning (or Hurricane can't remember exactly which) gloves (very comfy) great protection
              Joe Rocket GPX leather gloves - super comfortable, very good protection
              Alpinestars S-MX-5 gloves (for hot days) - these are great, comfortable and good protection for a summer glove.
              Icon Tarmac gloves (for really really hot days) - so-so protection, but very breezy for those really hot days.

Comment

I have a pair of JR Phoenix gloves I wore all last season. Then at the Spring bike show I bought some Rhyno gloves that a riding buddy had and really likes.

I've put 16,000kms on them and they still look awesome, with some minimal wear showing. .

Then last week I grabbed a pair of JR highside gloves off ebay for cheap, a size bigger than normal so I can wear a liner under them for the colder mornings.

The wife just shaked her head wondering why I need more gear. I'm currently scouting Ebay and for sale sections of local bike boards for a Speedmaster Jacket lol. But I think that will have to wait t'il we sell our house at the end of this month and get things settles.
                Kyle

Comment

Originally posted by Need4Speed750
                  I was out riding 2 nights ago, 40 degrees, without the wind chill..and I couldnt find my gloves anywhere..i was nice and warm, but my hands were turned into freeze pops...so i went to walmart when i was out, and bought a pair of cheap work gloves just to be able to get home without my hands falling off...looked again when I got home, still didnt find em, so I went out to the local dealer and picked up the new icons.
                  Hey Need4Speed750...are those new Icon gloves you bought insulated? I's like a pair that's insulated but not too bulky like the Teknic's I have.

Comment

I just got some new Joe Rocket gloves a few weeks ago. They are great... I don't get too hot in them, and they definitely stop my hands from getting cold (my old gloves were leather with leather mesh backs and my hands would freeze).

fulcrum (aka David)
                    Blue 2004 GSX750F
                    Life is pleasant. Death is peaceful. It's the transition that's troublesome.--Isaac Asimov
                    If you can keep your head, while all around you are losing theirs, then you probably aren't grasping the situation

Crash virginity lost: March 6th 2005

Comment

Originally posted by Owlman
                      Originally posted by Need4Speed750
                      Hey Need4Speed750...are those new Icon gloves you bought insulated? I's like a pair that's insulated but not too bulky like the Teknic's I have.
                      More like thinsulated ..really though, they are lined below the mesh on the inside, so they keep the bulk of the wind and cold out..they work pretty well, and since I STILL cant find my other ones, these will be my primary riding gloves.

I'll need a gauntlet style though for when it really really cold..but thats what birthdays are for right!

Feel so bad for my other half though, she was out at walmart the other day, and saw these winter gloves that were fingerless, but a mitten folds down over the fingers for when it gets colder. ahe brought them home and was so excited that she found me another pair of gloves..i hated to tell her, its kinda hard to ride in mittens.. her heart was in the right place.

Comment

Working...
                      X