X

Jacket for a short, large breasted woman

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jacket for a short, large breasted woman

Okay, I am just going to ask now for the guys to be mature for a bit. I'm 100% serious in this post and want to find a SAFE and COMFORTABLE jacket for my girlfriend.

We looked at a few models:

Joe Rocket Lotus 2.0
    http://www.joerocket.com/catalog/ind...ets/Lotus_2.0_[textile]

Joe Rocket Aura

and the Fieldsheer Roma
    Powered by Mobile WarmingŪ and Mobile CoolingŪ Technology, work and play in performance temperature controlled clothing for everyday comfort and style.

I have a Fieldsheer jacket and to be honest, I'm not 100% impressed with it, but I won't get into that now.

Are there any female riders or male riders with female girlfriends on the board that can speak for these jackets?

She is about 5'1" and has 36DD breasts. A lot of shirts won't fit her, so she sizes up. In t-shirts that's fine, in protective gear I don't think that's a good idea. Too much slack can cause the jacket to wrinkle around the midsection.

My local shop doesn't carry the Lotus anymore and it's not in their newest catalog. The Aura is a bit expensive but if it will work BEST I will spend the extra money on her.

She will almost always be riding in warm weather. Breathability is more important than warmth.

She and I also want to find something with larger reflective areas (such as the Lotus), but will settle for an all-white jacket if she doesn't have a choice for fitting issues.

Thank you in advance, any info on ANY brands is very appreciated. Fitting tips and things to look for would also be extremely helpful, this is her first time gearing up. We decided that a plain leather jacket just wasn't safe anymore for doubling up, and she is getting a bike soon hopefully.
    sigpic
    "Why do I ride a bike? Aside from the feeling of freedom, excitement, and adrenaline... probably the 90 million miles of headroom."
    "Katrina" 2001 750 Black/Anthracite

I'm a short and large male. While my luscious, luscious man boobs are nowhere near a 36DD, I find that Tourmaster fits me very well. Their jackets tend to be cut a little looser, not like full-on sport bike jackets. IMHO, check them out, and let me know what you think.

Incidentally, a search for "Large Breasts Motorcycle Jackets" turned up some threads on other forums where this has been asked before, and there are some suggestions there:

The image search was way more interesting, but you did say be mature...

Lastly, several people on several other threads I was reading did say Men's jackets are always an option.
    Last edited by WebDevDan; 04-20-2012, 09:47 PM.
    2006 Katana GSX750F

Comment

Originally posted by WebDevDan View Post
      While my luscious, luscious man boobs are nowhere near a 36DD, I find that Tourmaster fits me very well.
      I just blew soda out my nose and all over my tablet. Back on topic, my size L Joe Rocket jacket won't come close to fitting my wife who is built similar. I doubt an XL would either. She refuses to ride so I don't have to worry about it, but I've read of others wearing Tourmaster jackets because of the comfort in the breast fitment.
      If it aint broke fix it till it is

Comment

First of all, make sure you're looking at women's jackets. They're cut larger in the chest and smaller in the waist with the whole breast issue in mind. Since she's somewhat generously proportioned you'll probably want to look for a jacket with lots of adjustment in the waist. Feildsheer has pretty good adjustability. It'd probably be worth looking for one in a store just so she can try it on before you commit the cash.

And since I can't resist a moment of childishness,
        Wherever you go... There you are!

17 Inch Wheel Conversion
        HID Projector Retrofit

Comment

Thanks guys, I will look into them and find a dealer where she can fit herself properly. Anyone else?

EDIT: If this gives you an idea... I'm trying to find one that's not risque. Not sure on Steves' stance on this, lol.
          Attached Files
          Last edited by Flounder; 04-20-2012, 10:14 PM.
          sigpic
          "Why do I ride a bike? Aside from the feeling of freedom, excitement, and adrenaline... probably the 90 million miles of headroom."

Comment

Originally posted by Wild-Bill View Post
            Oh we were all thinking it.

I agree, don't commit to buying anything without a test fitting.

Even if you have to order something, I recommend going through a store with a generous return policy. My GF is jacket shopping right now. We're going through a local dealer/accessory store that, if the jacket doesn't fit, will gladly exchange it or order a replacement.
            2006 Katana GSX750F

Comment

My usual place in town also agreed to price match (with shipping) any Joe Rocket jacket as long as it wasn't a special sale. He also said since it will be a gift that he will return any gear that isn't worn on a ride if it doesn't fit right. They're pretty cool. We will most likely go through them because I like to do my business locally when possible and they're extremely helpful.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Flounder View Post
                ...EDIT: If this gives you an idea... I'm trying to find one that's not risque. Not sure on Steves' stance on this, lol.
                Aw, shoot. For her, go risque!

She's a pretty girl with a great smile. Definitely worth protecting. That dealer sounds like a gooder, too although I'd suggest taking the GF with you when you go to buy. Ask the dealer if it's OK to sit on one of the showroom bikes while she's trying on the jacket, both with her as a passenger and in the rider position since you're talking about getting her her own bike. The posture is different and you want her to be comfortable both ways.

17 Inch Wheel Conversion
                HID Projector Retrofit

Comment

We went to two shops while I was visiting her last time. I said I wanted to look around but honestly it was to gauge how seriously she wanted a bike. A Honda 250R was too tall. By a good bit. The manager showed us one that was lowered 3". It would barely be rideable, and certainly not as safe as it could be. She could not touch both of her feet. That would destroy riding confidence like no one's business, and she definitely needs that.

I have a friend with a Buell Blast and was actually considering one for myself for commuting. She sat on it a long time ago and I remember her feet were firmly planted. I have actually decided on a Blast already. If you've ever ridden one, you already know why.
                  sigpic

Comment

Be good now boys...
                    Last edited by Flounder; 05-06-2012, 09:01 PM.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Flounder View Post
                      ... She sleeps two feet away from a shotgun.
                      Yeh buddy! Now that's a woman for you!

Better make sure she's OK with you posting the photos. Don't want her using that shotgun on you...

17 Inch Wheel Conversion
                      HID Projector Retrofit

Comment

We've actually talked about it before. She likes when I show her off. The rule is "nothing you wouldn't see at the beach."
                        sigpic

Comment

definately going to need to be a"made for a " womans jacket
                          the problem with textile jackets is a loose fabric at the waist etc is going to always want to move around in the wind

There is always a custom option from scratch or finding a leather guy that can alter an existing jacket

a couple search terms you need are petite and plus size (probably dont want to tell her that , they can be funny that way)
                          Blood , its in you to give! http://www.blood.ca/

Comment

Originally posted by Wild-Bill View Post
                            Yeh buddy! Now that's a woman for you!
                            Yeah, it's in her zombie apocalypse weapon cache. Along with her machete and sabre. Oh yeah, she's a fencer.
                            sigpic

Comment

Cool! Nothing like knowing how to use your weapons. I fenced in college. Great balance practice. Don't know about zombies but there's always the random home intrusion.

17 Inch Wheel Conversion
                              HID Projector Retrofit

Comment

Working...
                              X