X

In the Planning Stage

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• In the Planning Stage

I'm almost done repairing my plastics and will be starting to sand everything in January so I can paint in February. Unfortunately, I won't be able to have it painted by a family friend like I had planned. So i'm planning on painting with rattle cans...

Duplicolor has the wheel paint that claims to be resistant to chemicals, which sounds like it is better that just regular duplicolor when it comes gas or oil exposure... I'm thinking satin black with bronze rims and bronze graphics if I use the wheel paint.

They also have the engine enamel which claims to be resistant to gas, oil, etc.
    I know the engine enamel has to be cured with heat though. Is there any way?

Which would be better to use? Any other suggestions for different products, or color scheme?
    Katie - 91 Kat 600, 98 Bandit 600 engine, Ivan Jet Kit, Ignition Advancer, Gsxr 750 header, Delkevic slip on, Veypor computer.

Sounds good so far. Ive only used rattle cans on my wind screen and rear grab bar and the results were and still are great. Cleaned- then VERY light sand and the hit them with gloss black enamel for out-door use. 5 passes on the windscreen and grab bar and they look hot and still shiny without any clear ( I was in a hurry )
    sigpic

Comment

Working...
    X