X

Petcock rebuild kit is on, but petcock is still leaking through RES and ON

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Petcock rebuild kit is on, but petcock is still leaking through RES and ON

I followed the instructions to the letter, but when I hold the tank up, it's still leaking through the valves a little on ON and RES. When I hooked the tank back up, fuel dripped from the overflow.

What should I look for? When I look through the valves when the tank is off, it is engaging when I turn from prime to ON, but I'm not sure that it's turning enough.

check the spring holding the diaphram closed, and valve orientation. you may have put it back in upsidedown. also, look for loose/bad O rings/seals and gouges in the petcock body itself. there's a reason it aint sealing, you just gotta inspect it close to find it.
    99% of the questions asked here can be answered by a 2 minute search in the service manual. Get a service manual, USE IT.
    1990 Suzuki GSX750F Katana
    '53 Ford F250 pickumuptruck
    Lookin for a new Enduro project

Comment

I appreciate it, I figured it out. The previous owner or somebody had that white, square piece on backwards. When I put the petcock back together, I just put it on the way I took it off. I took it back apart, turned the white square piece around, and mounted it. It works now.

Comment

Working...
      X