X

yellow coat - my mistake?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• yellow coat - my mistake?

Grrr. Not great at searching, but I have a question that may have been answered already, couldn't find the answer.

I am using "Dupli-Color Acrylic Enamel". I have a can of white and a can of clear.

I have painted my front fender and grab rail white. I hate the black grab rail and the black front fender with the white tail and white lower fairing.

Now, what happened is I painted two or three coats of white, then a coat of clear, all within an hour and a half. The clear yellowed over the white. When I sand through the clear, the white is bright and the yellow disappears.

SO, when I redo this, should I let the white fully cure the 7 days before I spray the clear coat? Is this where I goofed?

Also the parts cured in a shed with no windows and no UV light, will the pieces yellow with no UV? Kind of like when there is a painting on the wall and you pull it off to find a yellowish square, then the UV seems to bleach it again back to the original color in a few days.

My paint job is smooth, but I want white and not yellow.

Jet

you've got garbage clearcoat. garbage clear will appear yellowish and milky if applied to heavily.

Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com

Originally posted by EmpiGTV
    You know why you shouldn't hold in your farts? Because they'll travel up your spine and into your brain. That's where shitty ideas come from.

Comment

I agree dupli-color clear sux a$$... I know rustolium clear dries cystal clear though

Comment

There are some clears that arent compatible with some paints. I know I used a clear before and it wrinkled the color coat. It looked almost like someone poured acetone or something on it. If you're going to use spray cans check the color code and see if it has a "cc" after it. Some colors require a clear to look like they are suppose to. I don't think waiting seven days will make a difference. I also agree the clears no good. My 2 cents.

Comment

Working...
        X