X

TCX Air Tech XCR boots

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TCX Air Tech XCR boots

I just got a new pair of TCX (man, Oxtar was so much easier to remember) Air Tech XCR boots, and these things are freaking great. The breath great for a waterproof boot, although I haven't yet tested the waterproof factor, I'm sure I will in short order.

The build quality is excellent from everything I can see and feel. They fit pretty true to size although the toe box is a hair narrower than I would like. They are a mix of mesh and leather over XCR Goretex as a waterproof layer. While they don't have quite as much leather as I might have liked they do have reasonable padding over the ankle bone (no hard plastic in these areas, sorry), and a nice rigid shin plate for a little protection on the front of the boot. The sole is taking a little getting used to as there are goovel in it that seem to interact a little bit strange with the rubber pads on the pegs causing some side to side motion as the rubber pads fold over more than I am used to from the A* Ridge Boots.

Really, I just can't get over how well they breath. When riding, I can actually feel air moving over my feet, and my feet stayed dry in them while I was breaking them in today at work walking around the office. With the A* Ridge boots, my feet would be soaking wet regardless of the type of sock I wore, and these I can wear even with very little air moving around and still be comfortable; I am impressed.

So, for my one day in the boots so far, I am pleased to have spent the $225. I would definitely order them again. Only time will tell how they hold up against the wear and tear I am sure to put them through.
    Pics
    Pics
    No pics yet
    Just because they sound the same doesn't mean they are: there≠their≠they're; to≠too≠two; its≠it's; your≠you're; know≠no; brake≠break
Working...
X