Face Shields

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by masrapido
    Originally posted by Spedee
    Smoke during the day and clear which is under my bike seat for night.
    Wow! How can put it under the seat? In the pre 98 models itīs impossible!
    Yeah Spedee, I tried fitting one under the seat. It'll fit (just barely) but I'm scared of damaging it or even having the shield crack!!!

I wear the smoke during the day as well unless I know I'll be out till late at night. Then I wear the clear with shades.

Comment

Traditionally, I wear a titanium (irridium) tinted one during the day, often with sunglasses as well (for when I want the visor up some, or may just because Florida is too damn bright), and a clear at night... I keep a couple helmets around so I don't have to swap visors normally, and take the clear if I suspect/know I'm going to be out past sundown or when riding at night.

Having a couple different helmets has another upside: it lets each one air out more between uses...

Cheers
      =-= The CyberPoet
      Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Originally posted by Owlman
        Yeah Spedee, I tried fitting one under the seat. It'll fit (just barely) but I'm scared of damaging it or even having the shield crack!!!

I wear the smoke during the day as well unless I know I'll be out till late at night. Then I wear the clear with shades.
        Sorry I should say with the undertail it creates more room under the seat.
        Plenty for a sheild to curve around.
        Bike is sold

Comment

Originally posted by Owlman

Sorry I should say with the undertail it creates more room under the seat.
          Plenty for a sheild to curve around.
          Ahh, ok!
          PICSSSS!!!!

Comment

I usually run a dark smoke during the day, and a clear shield at night. I really prefer the look of the mirrored iridium shields, but they just scratch so damn easily, and cost more to replace than the dark smoke shields.

Comment

Originally posted by Kraut
              I really prefer the look of the mirrored iridium shields, but they just scratch so damn easily...
              Could it be the brand that plays into it? I usually go through one irridium a year for my Nolan before it gets scratched enough for me to want to replace it (and that's not that scratched -- I'm finicky that way), and I ride most days of the year (probably 320 out of 365).

TIP:
              When cleaning irridium visors, take a paper towel, soak it and lay it across the visor. Wait 10 - 60 minutes, then wipe. This will remoisturize all the bugs and crud, so you don't have to work hard at cleaning (and reduce scratching during cleaning).

Cheers
              =-= The CyberPoet
              Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Originally posted by Kraut
                I really prefer the look of the mirrored iridium shields, but they just scratch so damn easily, and cost more to replace than the dark smoke shields.
                Svafa and I both have them (HJC brand) and they're over a year old with no scratches aside from a miniscule one from an acorn that would have otherwise dented my skull. I've been hit by a number of things and am amazed at how it's lasting. I use whatever lense cleaner I have handy and only microfiber cloths and no scrathes or problems at all. It was near $40 but I'd do it all over again in a heartbeat.
                Matt

If you think you don't need a helmet, you probably don't.

Comment

i use dark smoke on my KBC except at night. i had a mirrored shield and it wasn't as "clear" as the smoke shield, if you know what i mean.

Comment

i use a chormed mirrored one on my hjc.. have some scratches but i only bought it because if i wear my sunglasses with the clear i get weird shadows since they are prescription. so i wear normal glasses and the mirror during the day... have not ahd to ride much at night but the mirror is too dark for night riding for me.
                    Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com

"That whenever any form of government becomes destructive to these ends, it is the right of the people to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their safety and happiness." - Declaration of Independance

Comment

I purchased a smoke visor with the helmet I bought in September. It is great not wearing sunglasses. I can see much more. I also find that my eyes adjust very well even in low daylight conditions. I keep the clear visor on the bike with me, but I have not had to put it back on the helmet yet.

Comment

I want to get a smoked visor for my HJC just because it's a real pain finding a pair of sunglasses that fit comfortably in the helmet. And i'm notorious for losing sunglasses.
                        sigpic

Comment

Working...
                        X