• Time
  • Show
Clear All

sent you a PM CP....
    I love my Kat!!
    2000 burgandy 750

Comment

Originally posted by The CyberPoet

As I understand it, the pre-98's can bolt on the 98+ style mirrors -- if that's true, then the 98+ style spacers would also work (maybe MD or one of the other pre-98 riders can comment on this).
      I can't tell from the pics... but they might work. My concern would be the semi-circular shape of the cowling on the pre's. If you're willing to float me a set for shipping, I'd like to see if they'll work for me.... and I can report back with pictures.
      -Steve

sigpic
      Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register
      Don't forget to check the Wiki! http://katriders.com/wiki

Comment

Originally posted by steves
        I can't tell from the pics... but they might work. My concern would be the semi-circular shape of the cowling on the pre's. If you're willing to float me a set for shipping, I'd like to see if they'll work for me.... and I can report back with pictures.
        If I had fab'd them up myself, I could do that, but I had to pay someone else, so I'm too heavily invested in them to do that at this point. What I will do is promise to take them back and fully refund the initial pruchase if you (or someone else) want to try them and they don't pan out on a pre-98.
        ** Note: offer only applies to first pre-98 buyer who wants to check & report back... **

Otherwise, I'll consider seeing how these sell, and then acquiring an extra set of pre-98 mirrors and designing a pre-98 specific set...
        Q: are the mirrors on the pre-600 different than the pre-750? If so, how?

Cheers,
        =-= The CyberPoet
        Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Originally posted by katanasoldier
          I really like those but I don't know if my non OEM boot would fit over that.
          If your non-OEM boot fits like the OEM boot, it will tuck into the upperside of the spacers (rather than covering it); that's why the plastic is color-matched to the black rubber used in the boots.

Cheers,
          =-= The CyberPoet

Very close fit. I will give it a shot. PM sent.
          "I have told you all this so that you may have peace in me. Here on earth you will have many trials and sorrows. But take heart, because I have overcome the world."
          JOHN 16:33

Comment

Dinero sent, thanks.
            "I have told you all this so that you may have peace in me. Here on earth you will have many trials and sorrows. But take heart, because I have overcome the world."

Comment

Dinero sent, thanks.
              Based on the PM conversation I had with Marc today... I don't think that these are going to work on the Pre 98's. Spacing on the Pre mirrors is close to 2" hole center to hole center, and on the 98+ it's like 1.7"
              -Steve

sigpic
              Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register
              Don't forget to check the Wiki! http://katriders.com/wiki

Comment

That sucks, should be ok with mine and the non OEM mirrors.

Comment

That sucks, should be ok with mine and the non OEM mirrors.
                  If you change your mind based on that hole spacing (I measured it center-to-center for the holes somewhere between 1.640 and 1.690 inches with the micrometer -- the variation is because I have the hardest time figuring out the exact centers of holes just by eyeballing them), I can refund you instead of shipping them -- just give me a heads up tonight if you want to go that route.

And, as always, I stand behind everything I sell, so no sale is complete until you're satisfied. Service with a smile!

Cheers,
                  =-= The CyberPoet
                  Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Nah I will try them. If they work, great, if not, I will offer them for a few bucks less than what I paid.

Comment

And, as always, I stand behind everything I sell, so no sale is complete until you're satisfied. Service with a smile!

Cheers,
                      =-= The CyberPoet

+1

Comment

Sweet been looking for these! Need to scrape some dough together...
                        Sailing the seas,Captain Morgan and me.

Comment

UPDATE:
                          Lyle, the machinist who made the batch for me saw the thread (and the photo above) and called me because I was "wrong" about what I posted. It appears only the first prototype pair he sent was 1/2" wide -- the rest of the batch is 0.81" wide (aka 21 mm) wide. I guess I grabbed the prototypes to shoot the picture.

So, it would seem I mailed someone the 1/2" pair -- whomever got that set, if you want the wider style (a bit over 3/4"), just send the set back and I'll replace them with the new ones (no additional payment, and I'll eat the shipping).

New pic I just took:

Cheers,
                          =-= The CyberPoet
                          Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

[quote="The CyberPoet"]
                            If the pre-750's came with extenders that should also fit the pre-600's, why not just order those extenders from an authorized Suzuki dealer?
                            good question!

i checked the fiche at www.ronayers.com and they don't even list the mirrors. i gotta check the bike bandit fiche.

i tend to avoid the stealerships. prices are steep and knowledge of specific models is usually limited. beter info on model specific forums like this place.

IIRC, (and it's been many years) the 750 spacers only came in the box with the 750 mirrors.

i'm not lanesplitting daily, anymore, so a little extra width is not a problem.
                            KLR 650, KLR 250, Beta TR 32 trials bike, Katana 600, BMW R65, Tundra V8 4x4

Comment

If the pre-750's came with extenders that should also fit the pre-600's, why not just order those extenders from an authorized Suzuki dealer?
                              Originally posted by fixer
                              good question!

i checked the fiche at www.ronayers.com and they don't even list the mirrors...

IIRC, (and it's been many years) the 750 spacers only came in the box with the 750 mirrors.
                              What you're talking about is right here in this Fiche File as items 19 & 20, Suzuki part numbers
                              56500-20C30 MIRROR ASSY,RH
                              56600-20C30 MIRROR ASSY,LH

Cheers,
                              =-= The CyberPoet
                              Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Originally posted by Dane-Kat
                                I am in Europe... I need these extenders - always have to lean over to the side to see what's behind me...
                                Yours went out in Sunday's mail (yes, I sometimes mail on Sunday as well -- when my travels take me past the 24/7 post office at the airport here).

Cheers,
                                =-= The CyberPoet
                                I got them today. Looks very clean when put on, and makes a hell of a difference to what you can see behind you. Ought to be standard!
                                Thanks Cyber!

Comment

Working...
                                X