New Product of the Week: Mirror Extenders for 98+

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Product of the Week: Mirror Extenders for 98+

Edited/updated to show revised correct measurements
    Well, after proding and debate, multiple conversations, combined with the wonderful machining equipment & skills of Lyle (the machinist), I now have nineteen sets of 0.81" (21mm) mirror extenders for the 98+ Kat mirrors that look factory-original (perfectly machined to the OEM mirror base size & the rubber-cover shape). Now I don't expect these to move very fast, but I do want to make everyone aware that there's no excuse for looking in your mirrors and seeing your own shoulders any more (I get that when I'm wearing my cold-weather jacket).

The kit includes 2 each 0.81" -- a bit over 3/4" (21mm) solid black spacers that match the exact shape of the base of the 98+ mirrors (so the covers look like they were extended that extra 1/2 inch), matching correct-length high-grade bolts, and no more excuses for not seeing behind you well. If you need more than 21mm, take two sets and I'll arrange to get you longer bolts to bolt two of the puppies together.

Unfortunately, I guess I didn't buy Lyle enough beer ahead of time**, so he charged me fair machinist rates for the work, and so each kit will be $32.50 delivered in the USA ($34 Canada; $36 anywhere else; Florida residents will have to add sales tax).

NOTE (**) -- I don't mind -- he did contribute quite liberally to the "help get Ray his Scooter repaired" donation fund, so in a sense, by buying the mirror spacers, you're also helping Ray indirectly.

MODS: I'll take this thread down in a week or so, and just add the spacers to my standard page of KR Member's specials thread.

Cheers,
    =-= The CyberPoet
    Remember The CyberPoet

good to know, but I personaly don't have any issues with my mirrors.

Comment

Do you have pics of the stuff? I ask because I have non OEM mirrors.
      "I have told you all this so that you may have peace in me. Here on earth you will have many trials and sorrows. But take heart, because I have overcome the world."
      JOHN 16:33

Comment

i have a set of chrome racing mirrors that are too short. they screw right into the base . these sound perfect for me to use . by the way , what are they made of ?
        BLACK KATS R THE SHIZNIT!!!! :flipping:

sigpic

Comment

I beleive he went with a ABS-based plastic instead of Delrin to help keep the prices down.

Cheers,
          =-= The CyberPoet
          Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Sorry for being so ignorant - but how do I order? - and how do I pay? - I am in Europe.
            thanks, I need these extenders - always have to lean over to the side to see what's behind me...

Comment

It's $36 (sorry about the last-minute price change for overseas -- I forgot about the extra fees PayPal charges me to accept foriegn payments even without currency conversions [bastiges]).

Paypal address is The CyberPoet @ CyberPoet.NET (eliminate the blank spaces in that address)

Cheers,
              =-= The CyberPoet
              Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

No pics Marc?
                "I have told you all this so that you may have peace in me. Here on earth you will have many trials and sorrows. But take heart, because I have overcome the world."

Comment

Originally posted by katanasoldier
                  No pics Marc?
                  I'll have some by the morning -- I'm just busy tied up with some client work and a crisis situation at home...

Cheers,
                  =-= The CyberPoet
                  Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Oof! Man, stay safe.

transfer edit

Comment

NOTE: THIS IMAGE IS OUTDATED. THIS WAS AN INITIAL SAMPLE; THE FINAL BATCH ARE MORE THAN HALF AS WIDE AGAIN.

Cheers,
                      =-= The CyberPoet
                      Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

I really like those but I don't know if my non OEM boot would fit over that.

Comment

care to make some for the pre-98s?

at one time, mirrors for the 750s came with extenders, while mirrors for the 600s didn't.

i'll take a pair of pre 98 extenders, please!
                          KLR 650, KLR 250, Beta TR 32 trials bike, Katana 600, BMW R65, Tundra V8 4x4

Comment

Originally posted by katanasoldier
                            I really like those but I don't know if my non OEM boot would fit over that.
                            If your non-OEM boot fits like the OEM boot, it will tuck into the upperside of the spacers (rather than covering it); that's why the plastic is color-matched to the black rubber used in the boots.

Originally posted by fixer
                            care to make some for the pre-98s? at one time, mirrors for the 750s came with extenders, while mirrors for the 600s didn't.
                            If the pre-750's came with extenders that should also fit the pre-600's, why not just order those extenders from an authorized Suzuki dealer?

As I understand it, the pre-98's can bolt on the 98+ style mirrors -- if that's true, then the 98+ style spacers would also work (maybe MD or one of the other pre-98 riders can comment on this).

Cheers,
                            =-= The CyberPoet
                            Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Originally posted by Dane-Kat
                              I am in Europe... I need these extenders - always have to lean over to the side to see what's behind me...
                              Yours went out in Sunday's mail (yes, I sometimes mail on Sunday as well -- when my travels take me past the 24/7 post office at the airport here).

Cheers,
                              =-= The CyberPoet
                              Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Working...
                              X