No announcement yet.
X

I am at my Wit's end.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

took the bike to a local bike shop today. You guys nailed it, one of the carbs is the culprit. It seems that the pilot jet of carb one is clogged. This explains why the bike struggles at low RPM but not high RPM. They quoted me $500 to clean the carb, i guess i will give it a shot myself first. The mechanic suggested to take compressed air to the carb and try to blow away anything that may be clogging the carb's pilot jet. your guys' thoughts on that?

Comment

read carbs 101
      never argue with an idiot, they'll drag you down to there level and beat you with experience.

Originally posted by GSXFJim
      Just remember.. Stupid hurts...
      confused katana build

Comment

From what i`ve read, shops dont do very well with cleanin jobs. I would hit up arsenic for some good carbs before spending all that cash on a half arse job.

Comment

Read carbs 101 but you can try this first you might get lucky and Get some of that Spary Seafoam and some of the Motor treatment. You can spray in the pilot jets first and they blast them out with air. Then empty you floatbowls and put the seafoam engin threatment in the with some gas (you want a good ammount so you get a good concentration). Refile the bowls start the bike again. Hope fully that shoudl clean your issues without have to do a tear down. Its always worth a shot but be ready to pull them.

Comment

I had the same problem a few years back on my Kat. I ended up tearing half the engine down, buying a new Dyna CPU, replaced the plugs, etc.... to no avail. I finally found the culprit when I switched the Dyny to its 'test' setting... I heard the short circuit popping. Check the wiring coming out of the kill switch, as these can easily get water and grime down inside the harness coating and erode the wire coatings causing the short that prevents the bike from actually firing the cylinders. It will turn and turn and turn but not catch. Check your wires. Hope this helps as I am dealing with a 'bike not running right' issue right now myself...
            "Oh Waiter... I think I'll have the Chocolate Soup for the Scizophrenic Soul..."

Comment

Working...
            X