X

Tank Bib?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tank Bib?

I am looking for what I think was called a tank bib for my husbands 1100 Kat. He used to have one when he had the 91 and he would like to get one for this bike. I have been searching for one and all I seem to find are tank bra's anyay I thought somebody might have one or steer me in the right direction for getting one.

Thanks

Have you checked Dennis Kirk or Bike Bandit? Search their sites for a 'Tank Protector', you might have better luck if you're looking for what I think you are.
    Last edited by Pugga; 07-24-2012, 10:27 AM.

Comment

heard of bras and pads...never a bib. what is it like, exactly?

jeez.....kinda sounds like a search for women and baby products..lol
      I don't have a short temper. I just have a quick reaction to bullshit.

Comment

Cruisers use tank bibs....
        their riders wear diapers

sport bikes use a tank pad or Bra

WTF? who comes up with these names?
        98 GSX750F
        95 Honda VT600 vlx
        08 Tsu SX200

HardlyDangerous Motosports

Comment

Originally posted by msgoodwrench86 View Post
          I am looking for what I think was called a tank bib for my husbands 1100 Kat. He used to have one when he had the 91 and he would like to get one for this bike. I have been searching for one and all I seem to find are tank bra's anyay I thought somebody might have one or steer me in the right direction for getting one.

Thanks

Don't know if the 750 will be the same tank shape or cover for that mater but is a little help.
          Last edited by 95GSX600noob; 07-24-2012, 08:18 PM.

Comment

It looks like what the cruisers use (without all the extra stuff like studds and pouches) but was made for sport bikes back before they had the bras. it hooked under the top of the tank and at the bottom of the tank. And he would use the bib to strap his helmet to the tank when we would cruise main street. I have checked all the major sites ie.. dennis kirk, bike bandit, old bike barn even did a general search. Wish I could find a pic of the one he used to have, but no such luck so far.

Comment

Originally posted by msgoodwrench86 View Post
              It looks like what the cruisers use (without all the extra stuff like studds and pouches) but was made for sport bikes back before they had the bras. it hooked under the top of the tank and at the bottom of the tank. And he would use the bib to strap his helmet to the tank when we would cruise main street. I have checked all the major sites ie.. dennis kirk, bike bandit, old bike barn even did a general search. Wish I could find a pic of the one he used to have, but no such luck so far.
              I know what you're talking about now and haven't seen them in a while. I'd keep my eye on Ebay, you might have a tough time finding them for a sport bike these days.

Comment

Any idea's why they aren't made anymore? People just didn't like them? I know the one we used to have did so much than what the tank bra's do. When we rode 2 up he strapped his helnet to it and I could put mine under the cargo net, also velcro'd whatever we used to music to the bib too. plus it protected the tank from zipper scratches. I am thinking finding this is gonna be like finding parts for the 83 virago 500 I have.

Comment

Working...
                X