X

zx11

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• zx11

could any one tell me any thing about the kawasaki zx11 tring to get one a 92 model please help
    When the Job and Wife gives U Hell take the Xtra long way to them

Expect it to perform exactly like a Katana 1100.
    90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
    I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
    Originally posted by soulless kaos
    but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

I would think the ZX11 might be a little faster/quicker than the 1100 Kat because of the 6 speed transmission, and since it's watercooled it might be less finicky in hot weather than the air-oil cooled engines can be at times.
      John,
      '05 GSXR750, '86 FZX700 Fazer, wifes bike '02 R6
      sigpic

Comment

Be aware of engine trauma issues like suspicious knocks, tranny issues, excessive engine chatter. Also, be aware of tranny problems. I pointed out those issues because a lot of those got over-revved and ridden pretty hard back in the day. I believe those engines were a very mechanically sound product.

ZX11s are faster and stronger than the Kat1100, I got to ride them back to back ..... the BigNinja goes fast better than the Kat1100

It's always in the numbers, men .....

http://www.motorcyclespecs.co.za/mod...r1100%2092.htm ..... ZX11

http://www.motorcyclespecs.co.za/mod...1100f%2094.htm ... BigKat
        Last edited by BIGKAT1100; 06-12-2009, 07:03 PM.
        The people who think they know everything always mess it up for those of us who do .....

BIGKAT1100

Comment

thanks guy your the best a world of info on this forum. I rode it it ran pretty go carb need a little cleaning but no biggie, the pipes wasnt loud enough like my old F1 loved that sound on that 750 i miss her dearly/ thanks guys
          When the Job and Wife gives U Hell take the Xtra long way to them

Comment

They often suffer from an oiling problem involving, I believe, the #3 and #4s big end bearing. There is a fix out there that mods the pan. I think Mr. Turbo and a few others sell the mod. It's expensive, so the easiest solution is to use a top quality oil, keep it changed, and keep it topped up. If there's any evidence that the oil was neglected over it's life, then beware.

Comment

wouldn't recommend it. its kind of old.

Comment

That thing was the king until the Blackbird dethroned it. They were fast for their time and can still keep up with most anything on the road today.
                =USAF= Retired

"If you can be convinced of an absurdity, you can be made to commit an atrocity." -Voltaire

Comment

Working...
                X