No announcement yet.
X

NEW 2009 Yamaha R1

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I had a 99 R1 with polished and chrome everything. Rejetted carbs, and Full Micron exhaust. bike sounded like it wanted to kill me everytime i turned the key. it was loud and fast fast fast.

check my avatar
    Ride like there's no tomorrow!!! You never know when your going to run out of "tomorrows"!!!
    Current Bikes:
    1997 Honda CBR1100XX Blackbird
    2007 Kawasaki Ninja ZX14R Special Edition

Comment

Originally posted by Daemontrym View Post
      YouTube - 2009 Yamaha YZF-R1 tech features - born from MotoGP
      YouTube - 2009 YZF-R1 - Exhaust Sound

The bike sounds like a V4 which many people will fall in love with as I fell in love with my V4.
      With a nice exhaust it sounds like a cammed V8 idling and a roaring Ducati when getting into it.
      If you ever hear a VFR750-800 4th or 5th gens they sound great with an exhaust and gear driven cams whining.
      Of course, this is all a matter of taste but personally, this is one of the worst exhaust note I have ever heard. At the beginning of the clip it sounded like a pickup truck.
      To each is own.

Comment

Originally posted by Dom View Post
        Of course, this is all a matter of taste but personally, this is one of the worst exhaust note I have ever heard. At the beginning of the clip it sounded like a pickup truck.
        To each is own.
        I'm with this guy.
        90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
        I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
        Originally posted by soulless kaos
        but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

I like everything else but those headlights though.

As for it sounding like a truck my VFR is much worse with its D&D exhaust I was able to fit to it from my R6.

I think with the cross plane crank and offset firing order gives it all the pluses of a V4 without any of the sacifices.

Comment

Don't care about the looks. Performance-wise, you can count on an R1 to be a screamer.
            =USAF= Retired

"If you can be convinced of an absurdity, you can be made to commit an atrocity." -Voltaire

Comment

I prefer the 99-01 look better .

Comment

All i can say is if and when suzuki does this with their 750, im buying.

Comment

Oh my... me likey...
                  It sounds like a V-twin...

Please, oh please let the recalls be small in number...

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vh00Cy3efvw"]YouTube - MCN Roadtest: 2009 Yamaha R1 tested[/ame]

Take a Spin With The KR Mascot...
                  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wdjHBFbMAWE

Comment

Well, you know it's got to be a screamer. As for the design elements, I've always thought of that as a damned if you do, damned if you don't kinda thing. If you don't take chances, they say your bike is boring and if you do, people will be saying it's ugly. Eye of the beholder. If it performs well, at the end of the day, who cares? To each his/her own.
                    =USAF= Retired

"If you can be convinced of an absurdity, you can be made to commit an atrocity." -Voltaire

Comment

It seems like what Yamaha has done is taken all of the pluses of a V4 applied it to the inline 4 with no loss in top end power.

The bike sounds like my VFR750 when I have the stock exhaust on it minus the gear whine from the gear driven cams.

I would love to ride one just to try it out..

Comment

There is alot of people wanting to see this bike first hand to get a handle on what it can do and the jury on its looks.

DC Born..Maryland Bred

I will never be forgotten. I will only fade as time goes on from your consious thoughts.

Comment

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ST4rDqrnVZ4"]YouTube - 2009 Yamaha R1 VS Honda Fireblade[/ame]

Take a Spin With The KR Mascot...
                          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wdjHBFbMAWE

Comment

well im with kawy so can you count to 10 ... since the 10r won the shoot out . this is the one it needs to race .. its just fluff but yet to be seen
                            Last edited by H-2 CHARLIE; 02-26-2009, 03:03 AM.

Comment

R1 looks pretty darn FAST to me.. SOunds good as well, and I know it's spendy..
                              "I am not going faster officer, everyone else is going slower than I was"

Comment

It doesn't look that great but it is supposed to be an awesome performer and very quick. I look forward to the shootout to see how well it does against the competition
                                2007 Honda CBR600rr
                                2007 Kawasaki Ninja ZX-14

visit the Twisted Assassins
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X