X

Just installed dog bones to lower my bike

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just installed dog bones to lower my bike

Question of the day. After lowering my bike to accomidate my height (5'7) can I still ride passengers weighing 200 LBS without damage?
    Fast Eddie

No day is promised, live life to the fullest!!

Just because ya lowered it, doesn't mean you can't still add preload to the spring to accomodate for heavier loads!

In fact you'll HAVE to make sure to do that adjustment before doubling, just so that your bike doesn't auto-wheelie!
    FrankenKat 1216
    GS Fiter 816
    GSXR750! (race)

Comment

how much did you lower it?

Comment

Re: Just installed dog bones to lower my bike

Originally posted by fasteddie
        Question of the day. After lowering my bike to accomidate my height (5'7) can I still ride passengers weighing 200 LBS without damage?
        Only if they sit in your lap facing backwards while wearing short skirts.

Best way to find out: try without riding after jacking up the pre-load and see how badly the suspension compresses. Since I don't know your weight, I can't give you an honest answer (but if you weigh 250+ lbs, the answer is no because you are exceeding the GVWR, irrelevant of the set-up).

Cheers,
        =-= The CyberPoet
        Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Good Stuff, Thanks. By the way I'm at 194 LBS. CyberPoet you are one crazy dude! LOL
          Fast Eddie

Comment

You bought dogbones, and you didn't get them from me, now i hate you :P . Just kidding, hope they work out well for you.
            Ok, no more mister nice guy, i've met the guy in the street, and he's a wanker.

Comment

mine is lowered too!

Hey, Pre loading is your best bet with passenger. Our height and weight is very similar. I have noticed the axel nut has rubbed my muffler and my front fender has touched the front fairing when I hit a hard bump and was applying brakes. Mine is lowered roughtly 1 1/4in. in front also. I have not adjusted preload or attempted to ride a passenger yet.

Ne-oublie, Thanks for the Dogbones. They are AWSOME!

If you want to see pics of my bike look at "mostly pieced together...take a look" in here.
              Demon...Taste like chicken!

Comment

My bad Ne-oublie, didnt know you were the man. But now I do. What else can I get from you?
                Fast Eddie

Comment

Originally posted by fasteddie
                  My bad Ne-oublie, didnt know you were the man. But now I do. What else can I get from you?
                  A bad case of the clap. Or other milled custom products... one of the two, but I can never remember which one it is you can get from him...

Cheers,
                  =-= The CyberPoet
                  Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Working...
                  X