X
X

accepted a challenge...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I wonder how much he had to pay the other guy and how many trips to the mall he owes the girls in the back, to keep their mouth shut in the study hall the next day

Comment

I have a race lined up with a camaro 350 HP he said he runs 12 sec in a 1/4 mile who do you think will win?
      2004 katana 750

Comment

Originally posted by Wish4busa
        I have a race lined up with a camaro 350 HP he said he runs 12 sec in a 1/4 mile who do you think will win?
        if he can do the 1/4 in 12, I am guessing he will win. I am not sure what a 750 kat does for time. 13's maybe? can a 600 do it under 14?

my advice would be avoid betting too heavy unless you are really quick off the line. that is assuming he actually does a 12 sec run. 350hp means nothing on it's own. reaction time, gearing, how quick he shifts if it is a standard....how quick the tranny shifts it is an auto, tire traction (will he spin his tires)...etc, etc.
        I don't have a short temper. I just have a quick reaction to bullshit.

Comment

Kat 750'll do 12's with someone who knows what they're doing , or so I've read . I'd wager the 1100 does a lil better than the 750 ...
          I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

Originally posted by md86
            I'd wager the 1100 does a lil better than the 750 ...
            Running on gasoline or baby seal friendly vegtable oil?
            TiM

Comment

Originally posted by sexwax
              Originally posted by md86
              I'd wager the 1100 does a lil better than the 750 ...
              Running on gasoline or baby seal friendly vegtable oil?
              oh boy...i aint saying nothing on that....lol

well...i guess i just did.

Comment

oh...and about 5-6 years ago i ran my 1100. mid 13's with my 3 pc givi hardcases on the bike....full of gear.
                130something mph.

Comment

well I raced the camaro twice and left him behind bad.. 8) yes I know a 1100 would beet a 750
                  2004 katana 750

Comment

Originally posted by Mojoe
                    ... if he can do the 1/4 in 12, I am guessing he will win. I am not sure what a 750 kat does for time. 13's maybe? can a 600 do it under 14? ...
                    I did it in 13.4 on a 2000 Katana 600 ... bone stock. I'm sure a better rider could get one under 13sec.

Most cars on the street cannot beat a bike off the line. Even our Katanas are 0-60mph in less than 5 sec.

The folks who usually want to race me are those 2-Fast-2-Furious looking chumps. .. and then there are the Mustangs. I dont' know what's up with that. I don't even bother anymore. It ain't worth the ticket. ... well ... one time it was
                    Race On The Track ... Never On The Street

Comment

Damn, you guys are doing BIG things, and here I was with my chest poked out because I bet a Corsica.
                      Fast Eddie

No day is promised, live life to the fullest!!

Comment

Hahaha, we had a local guy post up on our forums about how he got spanked by a new Ford GT this week...both in a straight line AND on a set of nice tight twisties.....and he has an '04 636! I told him he should spend more time riding, and less time picking up curb monkeys!

I've been spanked before on the Kat....I got walked all over by a Diablo last summer....so there's definitely cars out there that'll kill a bike, but not without a pretty big investment!
                        FrankenKat 1216
                        GS Fiter 816
                        GSXR750! (race)

Comment

Wow, haven't posted here in a long time.....
                          When I had my kat, I managed an 11.36 in the 1/4. (1990 750) It takes practice though. And if the bike were stock, I'd probably have been in the 11.8-9 area, so we're talking about a close, close race. I'd try to get a dozen or so passes at the track down before racing him.
                          Any and all statements by Loudnlow7484 are merely his own opinions, and not necessarily the opinion of Katriders.com. Anything suggested by him is to be followed at your own risk, and may result in serious injury or death. Responses from this member have previously been attributed to all of the following: depression, insomnia, nausea, suicidal tendencies, and panic. Please consult a mental health professional before reading any post by Loudnlow7484.

Comment

Originally posted by FrankTheTank
                            Originally posted by Mojoe
                            ... if he can do the 1/4 in 12, I am guessing he will win. I am not sure what a 750 kat does for time. 13's maybe? can a 600 do it under 14? ...
                            I did it in 13.4 on a 2000 Katana 600 ... bone stock. I'm sure a better rider could get one under 13sec.
                            i could get mine down to 11'a easily enough. first thing would be to do it without a bigass luggage case hanging off each side and one sitting up on the tail. I can feel the drag from those when I an just out riding.
                            2nd would be to drop a tooth on the front sprocket. the 1100 like mine is set up for cruising....not starting off the line.

Comment

Working...
                            X