X

1988 KATANA 600 DUAL EXHAUST??

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1988 KATANA 600 DUAL EXHAUST??

i was looking on bike Bikebandit.com and the exhaust in the diagram for my 88 kat shows 2 pipes coming from the manifold and going into to silencers one on each side. was this how the bike originally was becuase now it has a 4-1 exhaust system on it which comes out on one side instead of two. i know my friend had a kat a couple years ago and he had dual exhaust on his.

i belive all stock pre 98's are dual, i could be wrong but i know my 96 is.
    Life's fast so you have to be faster, ride fast and take risks...

Comment

Originally posted by JJ0712
      i belive all stock pre 98's are dual, i could be wrong but i know my 96 is.
      that is correct.

Originally posted by paradoxmd
      Originally posted by macgyver
      did my kat come with two silencer pipes on it. i know the guy told me it was a 4 into 1 exhaust.
      all pre98s came with the 4 - 2 exhaust from the factory. there are a couple of companies that make aftermarket exhaust for the pre, but it's all 4 - 1.

Long Live the D

Comment

4 into 1 exhaust is better than 4 into 2. Your lucky someone saved you some money and did the conversion for you already. You will get more power with a 4-2-1 than with a 4-2-2. It has to do with back pressure.
        "There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die." -H.S.T.

Rest in peace brother.

Comment

yea i heard somthing like that before. i'm glad it is done already. although my bike is god awful loud with the vance and hines pipe on it. i might go for something a little quieter. i believe it has an aftermarket exhaust manifold on it to. i wish i knew what all the previous owner did to the bike.

Comment

there are slip on's for pre 98's not being produced anymore so turn to ebay if u want to keep it dual Cobra is the company the model is F1's. Got my 2 for 137$ if u go the dual route these are the only choice i think. And i have also how loud is god awful loud compared to like..?
            Life's fast so you have to be faster, ride fast and take risks...

Comment

You can see on my restoration thread what they looked like originally.....

Ron
              MSgt, USMC (Retired)

Comment

Working...
              X