No announcement yet.
X

Can you turn down a challenge ?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well, I voted depends on the mood, but it doesn't really depend on the whether I think I can win. It's really the mood. Having said all that I was out very early yesterday and a new Vette pulls up next to me on a long, straight (what else is there down here) 3 lane road. This person wants to race, the streets are empty, so I'm in the mood... Couldn't see the driver 'cause the windows were blacked out. Anyway, we're off - I lose. Once I hit ~100 I had to back off - the Vette was still charging ahead. We meet again at the next stop light, the driver rolls down the window and it was a woman I would say was at least 55 years old. I lifted my visor (mirrored) and we just smiled at eachother. I smiled like "damn lady, you beat my ass" and she smiled like "that's right son, I sure did". I will race again, but after yesterday don't know exactly when I'll be in the mood...
    ****** WAS...Ma Ma Ma My Katana ******

Si hoc signum legere potes, operis boni in rebus Latinus alacribus et fructuosis potiri potes.

Comment

I don't race. Seriously.
      Ron
      MSgt, USMC (Retired)

Comment

Originally posted by katman05
        I'll try not to bother with them but sometimes you gotta put them in their place and preferably not on busy city streets.
        Kinda funny since i had a naked bike screw with me today in our university town. some guy had a girl on back and was acting like he wanted to race. I think he was on a 1k naked bike. I got tired of him trying to look cool and roasted my tire at 40 and he decided he didnt want to screw around any more.
        Live Fast, Die Stupid

05 GSXR-1000 70000 miles
        6.28 @ 122 in the 8th (short bike. 56")
        5.90 @ 127 in the 8th (long bike. 62") Its still got more to go.

Comment

Originally posted by BLACKDEATH
          .. got tired of him trying to look cool and roasted my tire at 40 and he decided he didnt want to screw around any more
          statements like this make me drool...

i'm still looking to get a GSXR-750 for me next bike, which prob won't roast em at 40, but it'll still go like h3ll.

as for racing... i'm a laugh it off guy who occasionally feels the need to stomp on the local rich kids in their sportscars that mommy and daddy buy them.
          I'm completely in favor of the separation of Church and State. My idea is that these two institutions screw us up enough on their own, so both of them together is certain death. - George Carlin

Join the Zietgeist Movement
          http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...3847743189197#

Comment

I chose the laugh at them one. I do not race them. Why tear up my bike and risk getting it impounded for racing. They will do that here. Besides we all know most bikes will beat a car any day. If it is another motorcycle it is still the same. Most people around here go to the local 1/8th mile track we have. They put bets on who will win and settle it that way. Fun to go watch the races.
            www.mopowersports.com

Comment

Originally posted by HS2020
              I chose the laugh at them one. I do not race them. Why tear up my bike and risk getting it impounded for racing.
              So true

And remember guys that after the Fast and the Furious came out and street racing got popular many places enacted new laws on "racing". Some of the fines and punishments up here are huge.
              Kyle

Comment

I'd like to think that I wouldn't race but occassionally the ego needs a little boost (or slap down). I guess my answer would be when the mood strikes me.
                "The secret to life is to keep your mind full and your bowels empty. Unfortunately, the converse is true for most people."

Comment

WildKat did you just get your new edition of Super Streetbike?? There is a whole article on illegal street racing...I voted depends on my mood...because it does...sometimes I rev back and let the guy go...sometimes I rev back and I'm out of there...just depends..
                  Good judgement comes from experience, and often experience comes from Bad Judgement :smt084
                  Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com
                  Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to Register

nah nah nah nah nah nah JAX! (special thnx to sexwax)

Comment

I just laugh at them. I don't race. Not because it's dangerous, but rather because it's just an utterly stupid and ridiculous thing to do.
                    -Steve

Comment

Range is ALWAYS bugging me to race him to the ditch and back.

Comment

I never get hit up to race on the streets but on the freeway everyone ffel slike they need to see how fast they can go. The last tiem a guy did that to me on the freeway he ended up plowing into the back of a suburban while doing 70+ mph. i speed on the streets and on the freewyas but not to race i use the track for the stupid speeds.

Comment

Originally posted by skasner
                          Originally posted by BLACKDEATH
                          .. got tired of him trying to look cool and roasted my tire at 40 and he decided he didnt want to screw around any more
                          statements like this make me drool...

i'm still looking to get a GSXR-750 for me next bike, which prob won't roast em at 40, but it'll still go like h3ll.

as for racing... i'm a laugh it off guy who occasionally feels the need to stomp on the local rich kids in their sportscars that mommy and daddy buy them.
                          It will if there is a 40lb weight on the front end and its sixty out with the right rpm. The 750s are great. The best of the 600 and 1k worlds.

I dont street race unless there is decent money on the line. And around here so far no takers.
                          Live Fast, Die Stupid

05 GSXR-1000 70000 miles
                          6.28 @ 122 in the 8th (short bike. 56")
                          5.90 @ 127 in the 8th (long bike. 62") Its still got more to go.

Comment

With my record, one more ticket and I'm walking. So that's a big NO.

Comment

I try to be in the left lane. Then I like to say yes, and just calmly sit there, watching the crossing traffics' light. When it turns yellow, I put her in 1st gear, then CRANK open the throttle to the rev limiter... And let them listen to the "infamous" D&D. Then the light turns green, they blast off while I roll off, and just pull away.

This technique is especially effective if the po-po are close by.

Can you say "Run, rabbit, run?"

Comment

I let a guy on a katana beat me a week or two ago... He was obviously not informed of the differences between a 98+ katana and a hayabusa. So I felt sorry for him.

My current ride of choice

Comment

Working...
                                X