Can you turn down a challenge ?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can you turn down a challenge ?

Pretty much just like it asks...

You're at a stoplight, stop sign, or maybe in the parking lot at Walmart (yes Junior I mentioned walmart again ) and somebody pulls up to you doing the perverbial revving the engine, looking over at you, and you know exactly what they want to do. They wanna see if your bike has what it takes to beat em.

We've all been there, and we've all done it Im sure but what do you usually do when your challenged by either a cage or another bike ?
    Just depends on my mood that day and if I think I can win
    0%
    I usually just laugh at them and ride away, but I will occasionally race.
    0%
    No way, if they want to race, it's on!!! No matter what they drive or ride!!
    0%
    It's way too dangerous to race on public streets, I never do it
    0%

"I just laugh at them and ride away" is the same as "It's way too dangerous to race on public streets, I never do it", so I chose laughter.

Comment

I usually rev my engine, then lurch forward when the light changes.... then let the other guy zoom off when I sedately accelerate on to the next light. I'm not in any hurry to stop again.

Comment

i like to see them getting pulled over down the road.

Comment

I just laugh at them....period...every time.

Comment

I chose "depends on my mood", but there is another option I would have chosen if it was there...and that would be "depends on where it is".

I will go for it if the mood suits me...and often do....but not just anywhere. city streets are against my religion and I will never do it.
            I don't have a short temper. I just have a quick reaction to bullshit.

Comment

Re: Can you turn down a challenge ?

Originally posted by WildKat
              We've all been there, and we've all done it
              *Ahem* Nuh-uh . I actually NEVER get people wanting to race . Kinda disappointed . What , is my bike not pretty enough to race ? I feel so unloved . I'd LOVE to have a ricer pull up next to me doing that so I COULD laugh at them . I'd even POINT and laugh before making them look like a tool .
              I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

i do it all the time i liek to toy with them let then think the winning then yank the front end up and leave then sitting or i liek to act liek im gonna really take off in a hurry then jsut sit there till they get 10 to 12 cars ahead then hammer it and catch up with them

Comment

How many production cars can match the 0-60 of the kat? (I think it was 4.2 in another thread iirc?)

Comment

I chose the second one. But so far ive never raced on the street.

If there is enough money involved than Im probably game.
                    Live Fast, Die Stupid

05 GSXR-1000 70000 miles
                    6.28 @ 122 in the 8th (short bike. 56")
                    5.90 @ 127 in the 8th (long bike. 62") Its still got more to go.

Comment

I'll try not to bother with them but sometimes you gotta put them in their place and preferably not on busy city streets.
                      R.I.P. Marc (CyberPoet)

Comment

I chose to laugh at em and brush em off. Never been asked but I know that is what I`d do. It`s not worth it to me, and I have nothing to prove. I`m out to ride

www.3dflag.com

Comment

I'm with Mojoe on this one, depends where and what the conditions are.
                          Kan-O-Gixxer!
                          -89 Gixxer 1100 Engine
                          -Stage 3 Jet Kit / KNN Pod Filters
                          -Ohlins Susupension
                          -Various Other Mods

Comment

I don't have the money to pay for a ticket
                            if I got pulled insurance would skyrocket and I'd have to sell the bike
                            I HAVE to ride safely
                            Live and Lean.
                            When the going gets twisty, the going get twistin.
                            "For all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God."
                            Romans 3:23

Comment

I'll try to walk away 80% of the time, but know and then u have to put them in their place.
                              www.photobucket.com/albums/y152/rotary13b/

Comment

Working...
                              X