X

Picked up my new bike today!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Picked up my new bike today!

Black 1998 GSX750F. 1 owner, full history. 29,000 km/18,000 miles. The previous owner never rode it in the rain (he bought a new Blackbird last November and it's done all of 700km/435 miles since then!).

I think I'm going to like this bike!

Hopefully I'll get some photos tomorrow.
    "If they think you're crude, go technical. If they think you're technical, go crude."

great bike

Yeah some people just do not have the bug to ride like others.

RIP - CyberPoet 20/09/2009

Comment

Good luck. You might have to replace some parts (e.g. hoses) considering its age but if that has already done, then you're laughing. Congratulations on the bike and have fun.
      "The secret to life is to keep your mind full and your bowels empty. Unfortunately, the converse is true for most people."

Comment

The bike will be due for a service shortly, which is a good thing. I'll take it to a Suzuki dealer and get them to look at hoses etc, but it's been serviced regularly to date, treated like a baby and I'd be a bit surprised if anything other than routine items are needed.

It rides really nicely, has a brand new front tyre (and a few thousand km left in the rear), and just feels good.

I'm going on a day ride tomorrow, so I should know the bike a lot better by the time I get home. I'll try to take some photos during the day.
        "If they think you're crude, go technical. If they think you're technical, go crude."

Comment

Great! Now go out and put some miles on that thing!!

Comment

Congats on the new purchase!! Fuel lines and what not are a easy thing to replace. Just pull them off, go to a auto parts store, get new ones, go home and install, and get back out on the road! 8)
            Kan-O-Gixxer!
            -89 Gixxer 1100 Engine
            -Stage 3 Jet Kit / KNN Pod Filters
            -Ohlins Susupension
            -Various Other Mods

Comment

Well, I put about 400km on the bike today. Freeways, LOTS of twisties, even a few metres of gravel road.

And a quick blast up to 175km/h or so.

Verdict: Kat and I have bonded.

What a nice bike! She's a very effective real-world sportstourer, that's for sure. The word that comes to mind is "benign". No nasty surprises.

You can get along surprisingly quickly in the upper gears by surfing the torque, or you can tap-dance and explore the rev-range if you feel like it.

Hit a bump mid-corner and she stays on line. Nor do you need a chiropractor after a few hours in the saddle.

[Bogie] This could be the start of a beautiful friendship. [/Bogie]

(I took some pics today but haven't had a chance to upload them yet. Give me a few hours!)

Comment

A couple of shots of my new bike, taken yesterday:

Full size:

Full size:

Comment

Looks great - love the emblems. Enjoy!
                  ****** WAS...Ma Ma Ma My Katana ******

Si hoc signum legere potes, operis boni in rebus Latinus alacribus et fructuosis potiri potes.

Comment

Congrats on the kat..sounds like she's been beggin to be ridden so definately get out there and enjoy it.

Comment

Whats that really big box on the seat! Nice bike bro good luck...Like the color...

Comment

Nice looking Kat, congrats on your new ride.

That's not a stock rear lugage rack is it? I remember seeing some when I bought my Kat but they seemed much smaller without that long arm running underneath.
                        Kyle

Comment

When I got the bike, she came with a Ventura rack already fitted:

Ventura provides motorbike accessories, bags, panniers and luggage systems that are designed to meet the needs of motorcyclists and make touring easier. See our full range here!

I need to be able to cart a fair bit of stuff with me at times, so I went out and bought an expandable Ventura Rallypack:

http://www.ventura-bike.com/english/...w/news.htm#new - scroll down for a closer look.

Good value for money (recommended retail here is A$150, I got it for A$135).

If I end up doing much touring, I'll buy a tank bag. But this should do okay for now.

Comment

Beautiful bike, looks like you got a fridge on the back.

Comment

Originally posted by zenjim
                              Beautiful bike, looks like you got a fridge on the back.
                              I can certainly transport plenty of, um...liquid refreshment...should the need arise!

Comment

Working...
                              X