X

My 1981 750 Katana...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My 1981 750 Katana...

Thought I'd share a picture of my 1981 Suzuki GSX750 Katana with you all. It was taken last summer down at the harbour in the village where we live.

Cheers
    Gary
    Attached Files

That is a great looking first generation Kat!!

Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com

Comment

A friend of mine has the exact same bike and loves it. It runs nice and had a great classic look. How lonfg have you owned your?

Comment

very nice!

Comment

Thanks, I like it.

I've owned it for about six years. She's quite unusual in the UK by virtue of being a 750. Most of the Katanas you see here are either 1000s or 1100s.

When I bought it it had a four-into-one exhaust system that just didn't look right. I was able to track down a genuine four-into-two system for it which looks much better.

Despite her age she still goes like the clappers of hell and can give many modern bikes a run for their money. She shares the shed with my '98 Suzuki GSF600N Bandit.

Cheers
          Gary

Comment

Nice pic, thanks for sharing Gary.
            Tito "Every day I get up and look through the Forbes list of the richest people in America. If I'm not there, I go to work."

Comment

wow looks like its in great condition as well. nice looking kat!!

Comment

Very Nice...
                I know few of us look that good after 25 years!

Comment

She's got a bit of rust here and there but on the whole is in great shape for a bike of that age, without having had much spent on it.

Cheers
                  Gary

Comment

I ran into a guy about two weeks ago who has one -- he found it over the net, flew to Idaho (from Florida) and drove a rental out to the guy's place, found it had been stored in a barn for the last 13 years (about 1500 miles on the odo total at the time, bought it and rode it back. It's serial number 55 out of the production batch... Naturally, I was all over his bike, examining it in great detail.

Sweet ride.

Cheers,
                    =-= The CyberPoet
                    Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

one day I would like to have one too

Comment

Those Kats just have the special aura about them, great looking bike!

Comment

Working...
                        X