• Show
Clear All

• anybody here change there sprocket size

Just want to know if anybody has change the sprocket size,

If so what to (ie. -1 front, +3 rear).
    and did it help noticeable.
    www.scrmotorcycles.com www.katanaOutlet.com
    Katana Frame Sliders
    The only fully tested and proven Katana sliders Rear sliders, 520 conversion, gas caps and more.
    98+ Slider are "CyberPoet Endorsed" R.I.P.
    I couldn't have done this without you.

Duh!
    14t Front
    50t Rear
    Of course it's noticeable
    Bike is sold

Comment

you'll find alot of members have changed their sprocket size in both the front and rear.. its definately a noticeable difference.

Comment

its not hard its not expensive and its effective just be ready if you go up 2 back down 1 front your gonna know a big difference i could never just twist the throttle and have my bike come up i did that and put a stage 3 jet kit in it and holy shit the thing comes up like now hting now, and ofcouse the bike isnt mine now but yea the sprockets help

Comment

I know it helps just wanted to know what everybody has done and see if they personally thought there was a good difference.
          Katana Frame Sliders
          The only fully tested and proven Katana sliders Rear sliders, 520 conversion, gas caps and more.

Comment

CyberPoet's Katana Sprocket Ratio Tables and Notes

Cheers,
            =-= The CyberPoet
            Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

13/48 in 600cc form here (stayed with all steel).....It was great fun around the city, but the highway sucked. I was running excessive RPM's on the highway, and it really got to me - as well as consuming abnormal amounts of fuel.

However, it was a GREAT increase for bootin' around in the twisties just outside of the city!
              FrankenKat 1216
              GS Fiter 816
              GSXR750! (race)

Comment

So that's the cure for the acute lack of low end on the Katana huh? Change the sprocketes. But if the price for this is a decrease in highway speeds and even worse fuel economy than I suppose I may not try it.

Dood, I have the exact same bike is you (see my profile) and I want to know the name of the colour and if it's possible to find this blue paint in a spray can. I need to fix up the damage to the fairing from the previous owner but have no idea where to locate the paint match.

Comment

Originally posted by Eat Dirt
                  So that's the cure for the acute lack of low end on the Katana huh? Change the sprocketes. But if the price for this is a decrease in highway speeds and even worse fuel economy than I suppose I may not try it.

Dood, I have the exact same bike is you (see my profile) and I want to know the name of the colour and if it's possible to find this blue paint in a spray can. I need to fix up the damage to the fairing from the previous owner but have no idea where to locate the paint match.
                  My modified bike only used one liter more fuel compared to stock Katana that rode with me all weekend. So I would say it is well worth the change.
                  Bike is sold

Comment

'03 600's were "Candy Grand Blue"
                    code YC2
                    Color-rite top 4997
                    FrankenKat 1216
                    GS Fiter 816
                    GSXR750! (race)

Comment

Originally posted by DooD
                      code YC2
                      Color-rite top 4997
                      Thanks DooD. Now how can I obtain this? Can I get this stuff on spray cans possibly in local auto parts stores? Or does it need to be bought from Suzuki?
                      I need enough of the stuff to paint the majority of my left fairing and a smaller portion of the right fairing. At least I hope I don't have to repaint the entire piece (first time attempting this, not a professional painter)

Comment

Would it make a difference if I changed that rear sprocket ?

If I did just change the reat one....what would be the best way to go ?

Up a few teeth or down, and what be the difference between the two ?

Comment

Originally posted by m_durham_226

Its all depending on what you want, I have been talking to a company I deal for that make some sproket kits for aktana and they recommend down 1 front and up 3 in back a converting to a 520 chain. That will improve accelaration on front end and out of corner with a small loss of top end and gas milage.

If you looking for better gas go up in front and down back, will give better gas less torque wont really change top end much. Due to loss of torque.
                          Katana Frame Sliders

Comment

Originally posted by BRAUNSTEIN82
                            Originally posted by m_durham_226

Its all depending on what you want, I have been talking to a company I deal for that make some sproket kits for aktana and they recommend down 1 front and up 3 in back a converting to a 520 chain. That will improve accelaration on front end and out of corner with a small loss of top end and gas milage.

If you looking for better gas go up in front and down back, will give better gas less torque wont really change top end much. Due to loss of torque.
                            thanks for the info....I don't know if I want to lose what gas milage I do have....I might look in to doing it later on.....

Comment

Originally posted by DooD
                              code YC2
                              Color-rite top 4997
                              Originally posted by Eat Dirt
                              Thanks DooD. Now how can I obtain this?
                              www.colorrite.com carries the factory paints in both liquid and rattle-can forms. Be careful to primer underneath in the expected color to get the results to match what you have (white primer if it says white undercoat, grey primer if not -- do not use black primer!).

Cheers,
                              =-= The CyberPoet
                              Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Working...
                              X