X

Carb help please

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Carb help please

I have a problem i need some help with. I have 95 gsxf 600 an it was running great rode it every day then one day it was leaking fuel. So i pulled the tank an found a cracked fuel line. then 3 days later it started pouring fuel out the exhaust when i would try an start it. It would still start but it would keep pouring fuel out exhaust. So i changed the float an float needle put it back together an still doing it. I need help please!!!! can it be the vacuum diaphragm in the top of each carb?? any ideas will be helpfull...

Change the oil, it's full of fuel. You may have to change it twice.
    "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
    spammer police
    USAF veteran
    If your a veteran, join the KR veterans group

Comment

+1, when it was leaking fuel got into the crank case. I'd recommend draining what's in there, putting in the cheapest oil you can find, let it idle for 5 mins and change oil again to something decent. If things are being pushed out the exhaust, you've got a lot of gas in there. You want to make sure it's all out, hence the double change.
      1998 Katana 750
      1992 Katana 1100
      2006 Ninja 250

2006 Katana 600 RIP - 130k miles

Comment

If that's West Plains, Missouri on your location I go to school in Linn, Missouri.

It's very likely something is getting in there and blocking a float from sealing well, or damaged the float.

Double check your Float Heights and make sure you're doing them right -- also make sure the float needles in other cylinders don't have excessive wear. Before you change your oil a good way to see which floats might be botched if it's still pouring fuel out the exhaust is to as quickly as possible pull the carbs and see which intake boot is literally filled to brim with gasoline. Elsewise, just slide the carbs out of the intake boots and set them just where the would be but not in the boots; put the fuel tank on prime and observe which carb barrel is water-falling fuel.

It's likely as a result of this flooding that you're sparks (or atleast the spark on the cylinder that's in trouble) is fouled out, probably want to change those once you've got the problem sorted.

If you want I could pop by on one of the weekdays or we can sort out a weekend and we'll try to take a crack at it. PM me if you're interested, always helps to have an experienced hand.
        - Purplehaze
        All-Black 1993 Suzuki Katana 600 (Click for pictorial fun!)

Comment

Thanks for the help i,ve changed the oil serval times an continue to do so. i bought a carb rebuild kit an put them in an same thing is happening. it will start an run but pours fuel out exhaust an i dont run it but for a couple sec each time just to see if it works ill check the float levels an go for there. this has to be a carb problem right?

Comment

Definitely a carb problem. Check the float heights, check the needle valves, and also check to make sure all your o rings are sealed correctly.
            My build thread (Black Betty) '97 600 (Dearly Departed)
            http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=133286
            2007 GSXR 750

Comment

I'd pull the carbs and hook them up to an aux fuel source for a couple hours, should help you pinpoint which carb is leaking.
              1998 Katana 750
              1992 Katana 1100
              2006 Ninja 250

2006 Katana 600 RIP - 130k miles

Comment

Float height, needles, seals or possibly a sinking float (cracked), in order to dump so much fuel that it flows out of the exhaust something is wasted like an o-ring that tore/ split or stuck float/ needle.
                "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
                spammer police
                USAF veteran

Comment

You realize a thread titled "carb help please" is posted in a sub-forum for a bike that doesn't have carbs. Sorry, I'm easily amused.

Comment

I'm with 92xJunker. Cracked float if you have done the rest as new needle and seat. Also good possibility of misadjusted float level.

Comment

Originally posted by arsenic View Post
                      You realize a thread titled "carb help please" is posted in a sub-forum for a bike that doesn't have carbs. Sorry, I'm easily amused.
                      Didn't even notice, I was to lazy to even look...lol
                      spammer police
                      USAF veteran

Comment

Working...
                      X