X

Help on possible electrical issue.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help on possible electrical issue.

My 82 1000 just started having an issue where I turn the ignition on but the starter won't turn when I pull in the clutch and hit the start button. I also see that my turn signal, horn, and hi beam won't function either. Neutral and oil lights do come on when key is turned. Any known culprits I should be looking at?

Also, why does my 'posting rules' said I cannot post attachments? I'd like to post pics of my new Kat after going thru it for the past two months.

TIA

Larry

The attachment system was turned off due to security concerns. Please host your pics offsite somewhere like imgur.com or photobucket.com
    -Steve

sigpic
    Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register
    Don't forget to check the Wiki! http://katriders.com/wiki

Comment

Thanks Steve. I thought it was just a setting on my profile.

Now if I can only start my 'new' Kat.

Comment

Apparently I have a loose connector or something I'll need to isolate. A little jiggling of the wiring harnesses to the left of the battery gets the left controls working and the bike will start.

Comment

I had a similar problem a few days ago on my 83 1100 Kat. Check the fuses. Also check that the contacts for the fuses are clean as are the inserts (that's where the fuses plug in to). Dirt build up causes all sorts of problems.
          Hope you get sorted out soon.
          MelWain

Comment

Working...
          X