No announcement yet.
X

"Not your usual fender eliminator" idea

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nick had his plate visable, but slightly hidden under the tail on his R6, and was pulled over and told to make it more visable, or get a ticket.
    Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register

Comment

come on range, where are you? at least tell him to screw off for telling you to shut up
      Matt

The Difference Between Ordinary And Extraordinary Is That Little Extra

Comment

Originally posted by somainevent
        come on range, where are you? at least tell him to screw off for telling you to shut up
        I'm heading to his place...gonna punch him in the throat!

Comment

in the most cases the tail light itself gives off ample light to vew the plate...atleast on what i have seen, and the cops dont seem to mind at all.. knock on wood.

Comment

how do thoes guys with the gsxr's get away with having the plate way under the tail section and like above the tire...last time i dragged there was a guy from ct up at the strip and you could barley see his plate it was nuts ..i wish i could do that and just run like the dickens from the cops with out htem seeing my plate .....oh wat i have the only corona bike around lol ...but still couldnt you get a huge ticket for that?

Comment

Originally posted by duff daddy
              ...but still couldnt you get a huge ticket for that?
              Probably. Depends on the cop and the state. The other issue is the rear spring compression -- if he hops off the bike, does the back of the bike raise up to reveal the plate better? Personally, I think it's an invitation to hassles from the cops, and know that around here it is.

Cheers
              =-= The CyberPoet
              Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Cops targeted sportbikes in Ottawa a couple of months ago...everything was ticketed..including cut off fenders, aftermarket exhaust, taillights, plates etc.

the highway traffic act is very specificabout EVERY detail

Comment

Look! A dead hose and a stick! What should we do?

Comment

Sorry not here in Arizona, not even the ones that are way under the tail are legal. Just think we could be oversea's and have one of those big square ones.
                    CB, do you have one of those in Germany? You know those that look like they belong on piece of heavy machinery.
                    TDA Racing/Motorsports
                    1982 Honda CB750 Nighthawk, 1978 Suzuki GS750 1986 Honda CBR600 Hurricane; 1978 Suzuki GS1100E; 1982 Honda CB750F supersport, 1993 Suzuki Katana GSX750FP. 1981 Suzuki GS1100E (heavily Modified) http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=94258
                    Who knows what is next?
                    Builder of the KOTM Mreedohio september winning chrome project. I consider this one to be one of my bikes also!
                    Please look at this build! http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=91192

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Clean
                      '92 Kat restoration/mod project

Comment

(joking Have roasted horse meat over a bonfire? You turn the damn spit!

Originally posted by THAZKAT
                        Sorry not here in Arizona, not even the ones that are way under the tail are legal. Just think we could be oversea's and have one of those big square ones.
                        CB, do you have one of those in Germany? You know those that look like they belong on piece of heavy machinery.
                        The Brits get the really huge ones (black on yellow). The Germans have smaller ones (black on white with a blue section at the left), but still larger than the typical US ones.

Cheers
                        =-= The CyberPoet
                        Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Oh, Oh, I want some horse meat!!!!

It was a start to a good Idea.
                          1995 GSX-R 750W (Barney Bike - Street)
                          2004 GSX-R 600 (Race Bike) - Powered by MoPowerSports.com
                          Certified Addicted Racing/Trackday Monkey & Gixxer Fixxer // WERA West #224

Comment

Originally posted by floxera

"...dead hose..." ? Does anyone else read these things?

I thought Mr. Clean was making fun of the thread starter.
                            AMA member # 224227

Comment

OMG, somebody please lock this thread...
                              Cruelty to dead animals, even dead hoses...
                              Sheesh.
                              8) Shirak! 8)

"For the love of God, does no one hear that infernal ringing?!?"

Comment

Originally posted by Range
                                Originally posted by somainevent
                                I'm heading to his place...gonna punch him in the throat!
                                TDA Racing/Motorsports
                                1982 Honda CB750 Nighthawk, 1978 Suzuki GS750 1986 Honda CBR600 Hurricane; 1978 Suzuki GS1100E; 1982 Honda CB750F supersport, 1993 Suzuki Katana GSX750FP. 1981 Suzuki GS1100E (heavily Modified) http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=94258
                                Who knows what is next?
                                Builder of the KOTM Mreedohio september winning chrome project. I consider this one to be one of my bikes also!
                                Please look at this build! http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=91192

Comment

Working...
                                X