X

2008 gsx-r 600 front end on a 96 600 kat

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2008 gsx-r 600 front end on a 96 600 kat

Anyone have any experience swapping modern front ends on a pre Kat? If so any pointers?

not sure about the newer gsxr's but i know some of the older ones bolt right on. i put on a 95 750 front end on my Kat and it made a hell of a difference. (I'm selling said front end BTW )

but if your set on new, check the wiki, as it has a list of steering stem diameters, and i think a list of what will work
    if all else fails......... Get a hammer

parting out my 89 Kat 750

Comment

thanks. I already have said front end that was supposed to be for another project that has been scrapped

Comment

Let us know how it goes. I have been considering the same thing but I am pretty sure it will not just drop in.

Comment

Do you have the whole front end? If find out the bearing sizes, you mite be able to just swap bearings like I did on mine. I have a 93 gsxr 750 on mine, heres a write up about putting the busa front end on
          Looking for the best exhaust for your Kat or need help with the installation ?
          From the Mesh Mod to the Fender Eliminator, installing new signals, Braada Cowls,
          Frame sliders or Undertails; Show us all of your custom mods and share your tips here.
          2005 Gsx600f- My baby
          1989 Gsx600f - My hell raiser
          Some times I take off one side of the fairings and ride around pretending I'm two face

Comment

you also have to take into account the steering stem length. if its too long or short, then it wont work.

you can work around the bearings part if there not exactly the same size (to an extent). you can get different sized bearings from a wholesaler (eg. Montreal bearings)
            if all else fails......... Get a hammer

parting out my 89 Kat 750

Comment

Working...
            X