X

Self Paint-job?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Self Paint-job?

If any of you have bikes that you painted on your own it would be interesting to see some pictures! How did it turn out? What did you use? Issues ect...

Note: I don't mean a "professional paint-job like you work at an autobody shop or powder coating place.

Alot of people do it, bunch on here my self included heres a befor and after

Rattle caned in the garage.
    2005 Gsx600f- My baby
    1989 Gsx600f - My hell raiser
    Some times I take off one side of the fairings and ride around pretending I'm two face

Comment

Last edited by steves; 01-29-2013, 08:07 AM.
      -Steve

sigpic
      Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register
      Don't forget to check the Wiki! http://katriders.com/wiki

Comment

What year is that? And how many bikes do you own? lol

Comment

my paint http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=128887 AKA "Katmobile"
          "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
          spammer police
          USAF veteran
          If your a veteran, join the KR veterans group

Comment

my garage
            Must read for carb tuners......http://www.factorypro.com/tech/tech_...m_engines.html

Comment

Originally posted by 92xjunker View Post

^ What the hell is that and how do I get me one? lol

Comment

Those are Mikuni RS flat slide carbs. It's a strange concept called buying them.

Comment

Originally posted by .408cheytac View Post
                  What year is that? And how many bikes do you own? lol
                  that's the 97 Kat I had. Sold it several years ago.
                  -Steve

sigpic
                  Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register
                  Don't forget to check the Wiki! http://katriders.com/wiki

Comment

My build thread is in my signature. CHeck it out.
                    Check my garage for current pic and upgrades

My build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=127457

Comment

absolutely do people paint their own bikes. Everything from rattle-can jobs to using professional equipment, just depends on your situation and experience. I painted mine about a year ago, and I think it's time to continue working on it!

I used a pretty common 'hot rod matte black', I can't think of the company at the moment though. No issues really, just took my sweet time and made sure to do it all right. Lots of sanding! I want to paint the under-rim of the gas tank the same black so it flows nicely to the seat, and then I still want to change the whole back end but been thinking of what I wanna do. Good luck!
                      Attached Files
                      2001 GSX600F

Comment

The prep work makes or breaks the job. The actual painting is fairly easy. I've recently discovered that motorcycle paint is hard to get so if/when I paint my bike, it won't be the factory Suzuki blue. I'm a little surprised Suzuki didn't use this blue on any of their cars: its sure nice. I ended up painting my lower fairing black because I couldn't match the blue.
                        2004 Honda ST1300
                        1999 Katana 750 (sold)

Comment

Last edited by hardlydangerous; 01-30-2013, 10:04 PM.
                          98 GSX750F
                          95 Honda VT600 vlx
                          08 Tsu SX200

HardlyDangerous Motosports

Comment

Originally posted by arsenic View Post
                            Those are Mikuni RS flat slide carbs. It's a strange concept called buying them.
                            And they cost more than the bike is worth....LOL.....not really but, about half of the bikes worth, really..
                            "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
                            spammer police
                            USAF veteran
                            If your a veteran, join the KR veterans group

Comment

When I got the bike there was a scuff on the right hand side on the lower part of the fairing where it had fallen. It was not too bad but you could tell it was there and kind of annoyed me so I tried to lightly touch it up but ended up making it worse. You can barely notice it, but once you do its more of a question of why did you do a shitty job rather than....oh there is a scuff. I could not balance the red in the image. It is hard to see with the glare. I pointed it out in the images.
                              Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                              X