X
X

Bikes back from the shop WTF

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AMSOIL 10W-30 Synthetic Motorcycle Oil contains no friction modifiers and promotes smooth shifting and positive clutch engagement. It is engineered to control heat and prevent slippage and glazing, promoting longer clutch life"

I think they say just the opposite. (amsoil site)

IBTL bitches!
    Must read for carb tuners......http://www.factorypro.com/tech/tech_...m_engines.html

Comment

Originally posted by kevin2502000 View Post
      AMSOIL 10W-30 Synthetic Motorcycle Oil contains no friction modifiers and promotes smooth shifting and positive clutch engagement. It is engineered to control heat and prevent slippage and glazing, promoting longer clutch life"

I think they say just the opposite. (amsoil site)

IBTL bitches!
      Many people have the perception that since synthetics are more slippery than petroleum oils (which simple don't reduce friction as well), that wet clutch packs in either their automotive automatic transmission or motorcycle transmission will slip when using "super slippery synthetics". AMSOIL Synthetic Oils are no more "slippery" than petroleum oil. AMSOIL Synthetic Oils simply have a more uniform molecular structure which reduces frictional resistance better than the irregular shape and size molecular structure of a petroleum oil.

Look at it this way. Wet sandpaper removes paint as well as dry sandpaper does. The slipperiness of the water does not impede the sandpaper's ability to function. The same applies to the "slipperiness" of synthetic lubes in wet clutches.

If used dry, the sandpaper is soon filled with paint and no longer works- it slips across the surface without grasping the surface. If kept clean and free of paint, it continues to work. The lubricating/cleaning solution used can be water, soap, oil or any other liquid. The liquid's slipperiness does not affect the performance of the sandpaper.

It is simply not an issue. However, just as rinsing the sandpaper keeps it cleaner longer so it functions better longer, so the AMSOIL Synthetic Oils keeps wet clutch plates cleaner longer so they function better.

AMSOIL Synthetic Oils will prevent deposit buildup on clutch plates, therefore keeping the face clean and able to do its job in preventing slippage.

And, since synthetics are superior cooling agents to conventional petroleum lubes, using synthetics will help wet clutches last longer, too.

Petroleum oils have low resistance to heat and allow varnish and glaze to form on clutch plates, which eventually leads to slippage and increased heat generation and eventually...

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

Comment

I just wanted to post in this thread before it's gone or locked...

Comment

As much as I'm enjoying this train wreck, I hope it gets locked and buried before someone thinks this tool has a clue and toasts their clutch using the wrong type of oil.

Please folks, there IS reasonably priced oils you can use for your bike. Please read the good oil discussion threads to get the correct information to make your choice.
          Get over yourself. For me to think you are an idiot, I would first need to think of you.

sigpic

Comment

so you have gone from Amsoil site is a source of my information (when their site says otherwise) to a discussion about sandpaper.

You dont know WTF your talking about in this instance and should simply STFU while you are already behind. We get it you're from Floriduh and obviously have no clue...

Yes the oils for bikes and cars are different. No you shoudl not run car oil in most street bikes. Yes there are threads abundant on why and which oils are great. Yes there are cheap bike specific oils to be used in the katana and other bikes.
            I am a Penn State fanatic.
            Why is the sky blue and white? God is a PSU fan...

Comment

Originally posted by soulpatch View Post
              so you have gone from Amsoil site is a source of my information (when their site says otherwise) to a discussion about sandpaper.

You dont know WTF your talking about in this instance and should simply STFU while you are already behind. We get it you're from Floriduh and obviously have no clue...

Yes the oils for bikes and cars are different. No you shoudl not run car oil in most street bikes. Yes there are threads abundant on why and which oils are great. Yes there are cheap bike specific oils to be used in the katana and other bikes.

What exactly is your educational background again...
              Btw that was the direct quote for ams oil. Sand paper and all

Ya how many of you have even read sae 961217 or even know what it is.

Do you know what the findings were? If you haven't or don't why don't you stfu and actually learn how to think for yourselves and stop being spoon fed...

On that note. I don't need to try to justify actually research and actually reading the scientific findings to a bunch of idiots. Bye
              Last edited by numus; 01-29-2013, 03:39 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by numus View Post

Ya how many of you have even read sae 961217 or even know what it is.
                Yes, I have and it is irrelevant to the topic of at hand. Seems you might have a problem applying knowledge to real world circumstances.

Originally posted by numus View Post
                On that note. I don't need to try to justify actually research and actually reading the scientific findings to a bunch of idiots. Bye
                Have fun! Don't let the door smack ya in the backside.
                Get over yourself. For me to think you are an idiot, I would first need to think of you.

sigpic

Comment

aaaaaaand we're done here. good day.

Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com

Originally posted by EmpiGTV
                  You know why you shouldn't hold in your farts? Because they'll travel up your spine and into your brain. That's where shitty ideas come from.

Comment

Working...
                  X