No announcement yet.
X

Squid down on the Dragon

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Typical mouth-breather. Doubt he will learn anything from his mishap.
    2006 Katana 750 - Daily therapy
    2005 ZZR1200 - Weekend therapy

Comment

That 'may' leave a mark! Ouch

Originally posted by VifferJim View Post
      Peter didn't wear his gear either...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Yb_p...eature=related
      aha ahahahah that was funny!
      Last edited by BareKat; 09-20-2010, 03:19 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
      2015 KTM 1290 Super Adventure
      2005 Suzuki 750 Katana, sold
      1984 Kawasaki gpz 550, sold
      1982 Suzuki gs400e - sold
      1973 Honda cb350 - sold

Comment

Me thinks the combination of shredding his knee and peg digging into the asphalt broke concentration. Seriously not the greatest form in the world (understatement) but I've seen worst. He would have made it through if not for the pain of "knee in meat grinder".
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Marksf8 View Post
          On a side note: how does anyone think it is a good idea to ride FAST on an unknown road (oops, it's a decreasing radius turn!)
          Meh. I got down tot he Dragon and Ron and Walt took me for a ride up the Skyway at a high rate of speed. Each day down there we were railing on roads that I would never know.

That said if you enter a turn in the right gear, speed, and body position you should be able to make the necessary adjustments to clear the turn. I know I had to a few times down on vacation.
          I am a Penn State fanatic.
          Why is the sky blue and white? God is a PSU fan...

Comment

Originally posted by soulpatch View Post
            Meh. I got down tot he Dragon and Ron and Walt took me for a ride up the Skyway at a high rate of speed. Each day down there we were railing on roads that I would never know.

That said if you enter a turn in the right gear, speed, and body position you should be able to make the necessary adjustments to clear the turn. I know I had to a few times down on vacation.

Dat true, but you did have a couple of good riders with ya' that knew the road well enough. Any kind of heads-up is better than nothing. This dude seemed to be riding solo and saw the camera before he saw what was coming up. Thankfully he wasn't going the opposite direction - could have been ugly.
            sigpic

Comment

Damn thats nasty .
              I have never knee dragged in jeans .
              Tight corners and lack of experience of the track are just a bad combo.
              It looks like a bad idea from the onset .
              Lets keep the leather side up and leave the rubber side down for as long as possible It sucks no matter who goes down .
              I have got to work on my sensitivity ........ok thats over lets get to the next caring moment

Comment

Wow thats rough. Maybe he'll learn his lesson about gear but unfortunately probably not.
                Originally posted by chrisgreer23
                Looks like Crash has lived up to his name.
                2000 Kat 600 Totaled, Parting out WHAT DO YOU NEED
                1983 Suzuki GR650- Sold
                2006 Suzuki SV1000S- Gone but never forgotten
                1967 Pontiac Firebird Convertible-The other project 350/4 spd and some stuff

Comment

probably not. guys dont wear it cause they have the right to choose. just like helmets. I wouldnt go riding without my helmet. but screw all that gear. I am not riding at the track, and will take my chances to be comfortable. yeah, one day the odds will catch up to me, I have had one crash, walked away. thats how most guys think, they weigh the odds of going down, against not being dressed up like a ninja from a movie. its everyones option, i hate to see people rag someone because they dont wear all the gear, just like when i ride with guys who go out dressed for the track to go around the block, its their choice.
                  my opinion is if you are riding to the point of draggin your knee, you belong on the track, not a public road. it appears he is in the oncoming lane in a few of the photos. the bikes tires are touching pavement in his lane, but his body looks to be in the other one. the dang harley riders do that all the time. they ride with wheels on the yellow line, which puts alot of the bike in the oncoming lane, just plain stupid

Comment

It doesn't have to race gear, but some gloves, a decent mesh jacket and riding pants would've kept this guy from donating to the skin bank....

Take a Spin With The KR Mascot...
                    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wdjHBFbMAWE

Comment

Well...at least he has some nice pictures as a reminder!

Comment

And the dragon is worse then most tracks with other cars blowing corners and the technical level of the road. So one should be geared up on that road as if they are at the track...
                        I am a Penn State fanatic.
                        Why is the sky blue and white? God is a PSU fan...

Comment

Hard to tell from the pics...... but all bikes have body parts to be factored in. I'd say he scraped out and lost the rear. Just my thoughts.
                          sigpicLife throws you curves......enjoy the ones you get when riding.
                          ------------------------------------------
                          89 GSX750F(sold....sob)
                          96 YZF 1000R

Comment

I donno, I think I can make out a black mark from the front tire in photo 7... also it looks like buddy is steering around the corner not counter steering around the corner.
                            2015 KTM 1290 Super Adventure
                            2005 Suzuki 750 Katana, sold
                            1984 Kawasaki gpz 550, sold
                            1982 Suzuki gs400e - sold
                            1973 Honda cb350 - sold

Comment

dam!

Comment

Originally posted by soulpatch View Post
                                and the dragon is worse than all tracks with other cars blowing corners and the technical level of the road. So one should be geared up on that road as if they are at the track...
                                ftfy.
                                Pics
                                Pics
                                No pics yet
                                Just because they sound the same doesn't mean they are: there≠their≠they're; to≠too≠two; its≠it's; your≠you're; know≠no; brake≠break

Comment

Working...
                                X