X

Pants?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pants?

I am just curious to find out what you guys and gals wear for pants. I have yet to start riding my newly purchased 93 Kat 750 and want to be sure I have all the gear before I do so.

My biggest dilema is pants. I get a jacket (leather or textile), boots, gloves and helmet, but I am stuck on the pants. Now, yes I will be riding mostly just back and forth to work, a round trip of no more than 20 miles, but wanted to know what you all wear. Whether it's good denim or something worn OVER other pants.

Just want to educate myself before I go out and hit the pavement.

Levis.
    Tejasandre

Comment

Originally posted by popey View Post
      I am just curious to find out what you guys and gals wear for pants. I have yet to start riding my newly purchased 93 Kat 750 and want to be sure I have all the gear before I do so.

My biggest dilema is pants. I get a jacket (leather or textile), boots, gloves and helmet, but I am stuck on the pants. Now, yes I will be riding mostly just back and forth to work, a round trip of no more than 20 miles, but wanted to know what you all wear. Whether it's good denim or something worn OVER other pants.

Just want to educate myself before I go out and hit the pavement.
      i have Cortech jeans with internal leather panels. i also have a pair of Answer motocross pants[didn't know that when i ordered them] that are cooler than denim. be sure to check out clearance sales.
      never sleep with anyone crazier than yourself sigpic2011,2012,2013,2014,2015,2016

Comment

some people go all out and wear full leathers while cruising. call me a squid but when its 100 and sunshiny out my *** is wearing shorts

Comment

Please stay away from Icon Recon jeans (with the stretch pannels in them). They can get pulled over the knee in a lowside and get ripped though very VERY easily.
          sigpic

'95 Kat 600 (Sold)
          '10 BMW S1000RR (aka Black Betty)(Totaled)
          '11 BMW S1000RR (aka Bumblebee) Shine Yellow

In ur thinky box, steeelin ur dumz

If you love something, set it free. If it comes back to you, you probably high sided.

Comment

Originally posted by 2wheeladict View Post
            some people go all out and wear full leathers while cruising. call me a squid but when its 100 and sunshiny out my *** is wearing shorts
            Squid

Kevlar reinforced jeans with CE armor in the knees if I'm just using the bike for transportation, JR Blaster 2.0 non perf leather if it's a fun ride.
            90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
            I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
            Originally posted by soulless kaos
            but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

Sounds like some sort of mesh pants would work for you, I use to commute in a pair of joe rocket phoenix pants. They're like riding in shorts the airflow is so good.
              Kyle

Comment

all i know is down here in fl ive been riding at 80 on the interstate in shorts and a tshirt and STILL sweating.

Comment

Bet the sweat will allow you slide flawlessly on the asphalt .....

All you want to know is right here ~

Comment

ya ya, im not going to ride if im going to be uncomfortable. if it came down to me having to wear jeans and a jacket in the summer id just drive my car.

Comment

my infrequent squid event is me just wearing jeans with my jacket, boots,gloves and helmet. i'd have a hard time explaining to my wife if i crashed not wearing gear she knows i have. ATGATT it gets Hot in ga. as well.
                      never sleep with anyone crazier than yourself sigpic2011,2012,2013,2014,2015,2016

Comment

Originally posted by tejasandre View Post
                        Levis.

My ride to work is 1.1 mi. and I squid out on that on at 6:00am.

Well sort of squid out:

Work boots, work pants, helmet, gloves, and a jacket on chilly mornings.
                        http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=110816

1994 GSX750F Katana with:

Michelin Pilot Road 2's, 120/70, 150/70,
                        Race Tech 1.0kg springs with 25mm preload,
                        R6 rear shock w/14.3kg Eibach spring,
                        1" Soupys bar risers, Zero Gravity windshield,
                        RK GXW Gold Chain, My own fender eliminator,
                        3BBB turn signal mirrors,
                        Black painted seat and rear trim,
                        Nelson-Rigg CL-135, CL-150, CL-950.

Comment

leather pants from Frank Thomas yeahhhhhhh buuudyyyyyyyyyyy as ronnie coleman would have said...
                          2015 BMW S1000R

Comment

I -really- like Joe Rocket pants. The rest of their stuff seems to suck balls. For a varying climate Alter-Egos are quite versatile. This year I picked up a pair of Atomic pants. They're VERY cool (as in, not hot). As a matter of fact, it's 92 here today and I just got back from a ride.

You'll eventually do whatever you want- but please don't START riding with shorts on.

"People rike me. Because I force them to. With viorence!"
                            -Travis of the Cosmos

Comment

Originally posted by Free Coffee View Post
                              I -really- like Joe Rocket pants. The rest of their stuff seems to suck balls. For a varying climate Alter-Egos are quite versatile. This year I picked up a pair of Atomic pants. They're VERY cool (as in, not hot). As a matter of fact, it's 92 here today and I just got back from a ride.

You'll eventually do whatever you want- but please don't START riding with shorts on.
                              NEVER. I am not going to pull that squid move ever. I am looking at some Rocket pants on ebay and may pull that off. I am after a couple things on there...a jacket and some things. I already have my helmet and gloves so just need the rest before I will be ready to ride. I will end up likely wearing jeans most mornings headed to work. That or have an extra pair of jeans/shorts at my office for me to change into once I am there.

Comment

Working...
                              X