X

my new bike - project resurrection

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• my new bike - project resurrection

this is the bike i bought last saturday, and that i waited for months to go ahead and pull the trigger on. Just getting around to posting the pictures of it now.

What it is: 03/600
    What it has: 14k miles, D&D Pipe, Custom seat upholstery and cushion, White gauge faces
    What I paid: $2,000.00

It actually looked alot better in the pictures than in person. though it only has 14k miles, it looks like it has not been cared for during any of its life. Had been down on the left side, touch up painted, few scratches (not very visible) and the paint match was actually done pretty well. But it's filthy, and looks like it's been filthy all its life. Starts pretty easily and runs, but needs carbs cleaned.

What I've done so far: Drained tank, changed oil & Filter, changed fuel filter, changed spark plugs, changed rear brake fluid, replaced fender eliminator, replaced rear turn signals, tinted the front turn signals, added black mesh, removed faded decals, repainted luggage bars

What else it needs (tomorrow): Complete carb clean and synch, stock bar ends replaced, blue rim stripes, tank pad replaced, adjust suspension, test ride

What it needs (next month): New front tire, bar risers, SS front brake lines, brake pads, possibly an aftermarket windscreen, heavier fork oil

One thing I really like doing is bringing something forgotten back to awesome condition. I like polishing turds. Things that have been written off, abandoned, that can now bring alot of joy with just a little TLC.

First pics (the PDFs) - when I bought it. Next few: how it is now. I'll post the finished pix later (when it's finished!) All in all I'm very happy with the deal i got, and very happy to be able to do this stuff myself with you guys' help.
    Attached Files
    previous rides
    06 kat 600, 04 Triumph ST Streetfighter, 07 Vstar 1100, 03 GSXR 750, 03 Hayabusa, 07 SV 1000 , 02 Bandit 1200s, Current ride - 07 Roadliner 1900,
    next ride - another kat

Nice one I'll look forward to seeing the end result !

Engelskmannen.
    Carpe Jugulum...
    1994 GSX1100F

Please check out my re-build thread: http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=128660

Comment

You're a more patient person than I, so kudos to you for taking on a shit storm of a machine.
      ハイどーぞバカ外人!

03 Suzuki Intruder Volusia, 95 Kat 750, 06 Kat 750, 01 Yamaha R6, 96 Suzuki Bandit 750 (Jspec), 04 GSXR 1000, 06 Honda CBR1000RR

メイクショップ 神谷 (2013)
      チームのパドック松田 (2014)

US Marine veteran
      Semper Fi

Comment

I'll be excited to watch the progression, I need to do a lot of similar things to mine...granted it's a pre-kat 750 but I imagine I'll gain some usable knowledge watching your work on this guy. Good luck and have fun!

Comment

nice!!

Comment

I really like that reupholstered seat

Comment

grats on the new bike , looks good !
              2015 BMW S1000R

Comment

Nice work so far.

Hey I've got a set of Ohlins front springs still in the packaging, I bought from Cyberpoet through MJ86 like 4 years ago, never installed them.

I'm coming to Florida in a couple of weeks if you want them at cost I'll dig them out.
                Blackdog
                DRz-400e plated
                Blue 05 750 (sold, sob)

Comment

Originally posted by Blackdog View Post
                  Nice work so far.

Hey I've got a set of Ohlins front springs still in the packaging, I bought from Cyberpoet through MJ86 like 4 years ago, never installed them.

I'm coming to Florida in a couple of weeks if you want them at cost I'll dig them out.

interesting... let's talk. i might actually have some money in a few weeks to play with!
                  previous rides
                  06 kat 600, 04 Triumph ST Streetfighter, 07 Vstar 1100, 03 GSXR 750, 03 Hayabusa, 07 SV 1000 , 02 Bandit 1200s, Current ride - 07 Roadliner 1900,
                  next ride - another kat

Comment

I looked up an old PM from MD86 see below,

I payed 140 for the springs, I should be in Florida the last week of Feb.

It's spelled "y'all" . Dude , the water tower 25 miles away says "Florence y'all" . Funny story , but sad to me since I hate rednecks . Anywho .....
                    USPS quoted me aboot $25 for shipping . So , $140 for the springs , $25 shipping ,plus Paypal whatever I don't know what percentage THEY get ) ..... Ok , just looked it up . Transferring funds to a Paypal account = free , and transferring from one party to another = free also . . Sounds odd somehow . But recieving funds from a credit card = 4.9% + $0.30 USD (limit of 5 transactions per 12 month period)** for domestic or U.S. transactions 2% + applicable Fees Fees for cross border payments .
                    So then , there you go .
                    Thanks for spelling clarification.
                    The shipping $ sounds good.
                    I have a paypal account so that works for me.
                    Do you have an account and if so what is it and I'll send you $165.
                    Yeah , my email's ...
                    iammd86dammit
                    Blackdog
                    DRz-400e plated
                    Blue 05 750 (sold, sob)

Comment

Working...
                    X