Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

Brightest Headlight without going HID? Also LED's for gauge cluster?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 06kat06g6 View Post
    forgot to link.... http://www.ddmtuning.com/Products/DD...rcycle-HID-Kit

quick before and after sorry for the blurry first pic

So you have to run a secondary power line to the battery for this HID kit?

Comment

if you're referring to the hi/lo kit it would appear so...i have two 35w 6k low's only and cannot speak for the hi/lo kit

Comment

wow those are much brighter !
        96 GSX750 Katana , 88 GSX600F

Comment

Originally posted by subforry View Post
          +1. I just did the same conversion, very nice. The existing socket was melted and voltage at the socket was low. Don't forget a fuse and ceramic socket.
          Also added horn relay and 12volt cigarette socket.
          So check the voltage at the socket, if low then rewire. Either keep 55w street legal bulb or get new 80/100w.

I found this to be a good resource: http://www.motorcycleanchor.com/moto...ight_tech.html
          Also worth mentioning- from the same relay circuit, wired it to power my coils, made cold starts much better. bikes runs a bit smoother.

Comment

I am just going to get silverstars and give up on hid. Gotta buy the leds first tho. No one answered the flasher question tho if I will need to add a new relay

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

Comment

Yes, they did. It's in the writeup I linked. And yes, you will need to do a flasher relay mod if you go with LED turn signals.
              -Steve

sigpic
              Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register
              Don't forget to check the Wiki! http://katriders.com/wiki

Comment

Originally posted by steves View Post
                Yes, they did. It's in the writeup I linked. And yes, you will need to do a flasher relay mod if you go with LED turn signals.
                Blarg... I totally missed that one... Sometimes reading on my phone (work blocks all sites that reference vehicles) I miss a post or two...

Edit:
                Already 74 twist lock LEDs ordered from superbrightled... Think the total bill was just shy of 30 bucks with shipping...

Going to pick up some silverstar ultras (the bulbs in the bike are originals from 06 and in the year + I have had the bike I have noticed dimming at night... or else I am just getting that blind)... Looked into the silverstar zxe (or whatever they are) and looks like a gimmick... gives you the same color as HID and possibly more light than the ultra, but it comes at a huge cost (both the price of the bulbs and the fact that they will only last about 1/2 the life of the silverstar ultra since they are burning the hell out of the filament)... Also you lose lumens because of the cobalt tint (lose the entire red/yellow spectrum without gaining blue/violet)
                Last edited by numus; 01-23-2013, 08:28 PM.

Comment

Working...
                X