Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

Exhaust for pre-98 600 (fab stock or buy new?)

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Exhaust for pre-98 600 (fab stock or buy new?)

first off- i searched! i really did! i have the factory stuff on my pre-98. most full systems i've seen are around $350-$400. i am looking for a 4-1...

are ya'll with pre-98s buying complete systems for your bikes or welding up the factory headers (i've seen this done for used systems on ebay) and using slip-ons?

for a cheaper DIY solution, i am thinking of finding a used 750 header, grinding the welds as CyberPoet mentions, welding them together 4-2-1, and throwing a slip-on can to it. if this is not a good idea, as the headers are still too small to be effective, i'll probably seek out a used system
    1993 Suzuki GSX600F

Why not do what I'm doing, and what several others have done...

Get a system for a 98+ and either modify it (meaning dent it for clearance) or swap on a 98+ oil pan and oil pump pickup.

HTH

Chris

Comment

maybe that is what i am seeing- a post 98 exhaust having been modified. thanks for the tip
      1993 Suzuki GSX600F

Comment

so, feasibly, i can take a post-98 stock 4-1 exhaust (probably a 750 system for my pre-98 600), grind the welds as per CyberPoet, mash it with a hammer to fit, then add a slip on of my choice?

do i need the post-98 oil pan for clearance issues with a post-98 header on the pre-98?
        1993 Suzuki GSX600F

Comment

if you get the 98+ oil pan, you don't need to mash the header for clearance.

Comment

Working...
          X