No announcement yet.
X

Coil lead voltage

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah, I never thought about that, thanks. I'll check around.

Comment

So, riddle me this, if I go COP, do I make the leads longer for cylinders 4 and 2 than the leads for 1 and 3? Isn't that how the spark plugs fire at different times from the same coil? I know the spark plug wires are different lengths to allow them to fire at different times right? Or do 1 and 4 fire at the same time and the same for 2 and 3 as well? I guess what I'm getting at is in COP setup, how do the plugs from the same output leads of the coil fire at different times? I hope that makes sense.

Ok so call me a bit slow. So I feel a bit dumb right now. So 1 and 4 fire at the exact same time and 2,3 are the same way. So shouldn't the plug wires from the coil be the same as each other, to ensure equal spark? Maybe it's late and I'm just losing my mind.
      Last edited by CLYNT BEASTWOOD; 11-24-2015, 03:05 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Huh? 1&4 and 2&3 fire exactly at the same time once the coil is triggered. Depending on which cylinder is on the compression stoke as to which cylinder actually fires. You'll have to make a loom for the coils.
        Last edited by 92xjunker; 12-26-2015, 07:04 PM.
        "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
        spammer police
        USAF veteran
        If your a veteran, join the KR veterans group

Comment

Well, just finished installing my mocked up COP setup, runs like she should. Now I took it all back off to pretty it up a bit. Thank you, junker, for all of your help.

Comment

Working...
          X