X

2006 engine and wiring in 95 Resistor Problems

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2006 engine and wiring in 95 Resistor Problems

I put a 2006 motor into my 95 since PO ruined 2nd gear. I cannot get spark at all. Coils tested good, signal generator tested good. I integrated the wiring to work on the 95 gauges and ignition switch. Need help figuring out the relay situation with the switches. Don't really want to run 2 seperate keys but information on this forum seems very limited with this. Please help

Built up Black 94 5.0 Mustang - Champagne Pearl 2001 Chrysler LHS - Canary Yellow 2001 Katana 600 - 94 F350 7.3 IDI turbo crew cab dually

Which ICU unit are you using?.. the Post has a TPS the pre doesn't, that could be an issue. You'd need to use the Post ICU. Go to the wiki and get both schematics and compare them.
    http://www.7thgeardesigns.com
    http://www.lunchtimecigar.com
    '90 Suzuki 750 Kat

"Shut up and drink your gin" - Fagin (Oliver Twist)
    "But, as is the usual scenario with a Harley it was off-line when it crashed," Schwantz added dryly.
    "You didn't hear what I meant to say" - my Son

Comment

I'm running the 2006 harness so the 2006 cdi
      TPS would not stop it from having spark, just from running properly

Built up Black 94 5.0 Mustang - Champagne Pearl 2001 Chrysler LHS - Canary Yellow 2001 Katana 600 - 94 F350 7.3 IDI turbo crew cab dually

Comment

Why switch the wiring harness at all? It's not nessasary.

Krey
        93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

For the newer carbs, it is necessary for the tps to work properly when engine is under load.

Comment

I would have stuck with the pre carbs. That is how I did my swap a couple years ago. IMHO, pre carbs are better than post carbs anyways.
            1992- project katfighter
            2005- GSXR750
            2001- TL1000R
            http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=111130
            www.lunchtimecigar.com

KATRIDERS RALLY 2014 - cintidude04
            KATRIDERS RALLY 2015 - cintidude04
            KATRIDERS RALLY 2016 - cintidude04

Comment

Originally posted by cintidude04 View Post
              I would have stuck with the pre carbs. That is how I did my swap a couple years ago. IMHO, pre carbs are better than post carbs anyways.
              Ditto, the TPS is slightly more useful than useless on a spark system like that.
              90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
              I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
              Originally posted by soulless kaos
              but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

I totally disagree
                I've had both carbs and hate everything about the pre's. They seem much more fragile.
                Does anyone have any useful information here?

Comment

I'd check the big 4, in this order:

Clutch safety switch
                  Side stand safety switch
                  Kill switch
                  starter button

You made things a lot more complicated with the wiring harness swap, but what ever makes you happy.

I'd be concerned that your wiring hack for the ignition switch is not correct.
                  Get over yourself. For me to think you are an idiot, I would first need to think of you.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Lykkan View Post
                    Does anyone have any useful information here?
                    Get the proper post ignition switch. The information about ignition resistors isn't on here for a reason.
                    1992- project katfighter
                    2005- GSXR750
                    2001- TL1000R
                    www.lunchtimecigar.com

Comment

Originally posted by cintidude04 View Post
                      Get the proper post ignition switch. The information about ignition resistors isn't on here for a reason.
                      You mean you dont want a thread on "How to hotwire our bikes 101" on the internet?
                      90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
                      I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
                      Originally posted by soulless kaos
                      but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

Yeah but some of us need the information who aren't going to use it for bad. I can get a switch and reverse engineer the setup, but when I know someone else already has the information on here and won't help a fellow member its rather irksum. I think it's pretty obvious I have no malicious intentions other than getting my bike back on the road..
                        And if I go with a new ignition switch I'll have to have 2 keys so one will be flopping all over my carbon fiber three trees, as the key cylinder for the seat is not swappable pre/post
                        Last edited by Lykkan; 09-12-2012, 09:10 AM.

Comment

You may not have malicious intent. But if it is on this site it can be googled. As mentioned earlier, why post information giving anyone with an Internet connection instructions on how to hot wire the next Kat they see.

It is like resetting the odometer on a post Kat. Yea the odometer is useless when you reach 99999 and you may just want to roll it over so it works again. But there will also be people that use that info to try to sell super low mileage Kats. You won't find info on how to reset the odometer here either. So either deal with 2 keys, find an ignition forsale with a gas cap, or use a keyless gas cap.
                          Last edited by cintidude04; 09-12-2012, 09:17 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
                          1992- project katfighter
                          2005- GSXR750
                          2001- TL1000R
                          www.lunchtimecigar.com

Comment

Originally posted by Lykkan View Post
                            Yeah but some of us need the information who aren't going to use it for bad. I can get a switch and reverse engineer the setup, but when I know someone else already has the information on here and won't help a fellow member its rather irksum. I think it's pretty obvious I have no malicious intentions other than getting my bike back on the road..
                            And if I go with a new ignition switch I'll have to have 2 keys so one will be flopping all over my carbon fiber three trees, as the key cylinder for the seat is not swappable pre/post
                            Because only you would see the information on a public forum

Sorry, I don't have the resistor information you are looking for. We kept the pre carbs and wiring harness when we did the swap. It was easy-peasy that way.
                            Get over yourself. For me to think you are an idiot, I would first need to think of you.

sigpic

Comment

Someone could simply pm me

Comment

Working...
                              X