X

HID lights

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HID lights

Would these work in a 01 600? Are they plug and play or is there something special you have to do? Thanks

yes they will plug in but to have hid lights requires a ballist so this is not a true hid kit
    sigpic
    "Horsepower has a tendency to break things, if your not breaking anything your not going fast enough"
    "The shortest way between two points is a straight line...Whats the fun in that?"

Comment

I would suggest These guys. I have a friend that purchased a set for his 95 Chevy 1500 and the look amazing. That is with his horribly discolored lenses to. The seem to be in between moves so... But the offer slim ballasts for something like $55.
      My Addiction (94 600 Kat)

Addicted to Modification since... 1995!
      Electrical Tape, Zip-Ties, and Rivets are more like accents then eye sores.

Comment

I talked to ddm tuning last fall about doing an HID upgrade and they were really helpful. Didn't know they were in the middle of a move, just that when I went to order they were out of stock on 1-bulb setups. (I've got a pre) Their prices are about as good as the decent setups on e-bay plus you get to talk to real people!
        Wherever you go... There you are!

17 Inch Wheel Conversion
        HID Projector Retrofit

Comment

I bought my set from DDM tuning, couldnt be more happy. Im got the Dual 8000k and Im definetely the brightest thing on the road. Cost me around $60.
          Originally posted by arsenic
          93 octane fuel and K&N pod filters rock.

Comment

ddmtuning ftw, ebay ftl
            90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
            I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
            Originally posted by soulless kaos
            but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

Awesome. Thanks for the help, all. Will be ordering these soon!

Also, since I'm completely new to all of this, is there a tutorial on connecting the ballists, bulbs etc to a post Kat?

Edit again: I found this page http://www.motorcyclehidlights.com/installation_guide Does this seem right to you guys?
              Last edited by Duddy; 02-02-2011, 10:51 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

The difference being you should run a correctly gauged power wire from the battery instead of relaying on the stock wiring harness.

The stock harness likely doesn't have sufficient capacity to fire the ballasts and over time could cause wires to melt.
                -Steve

sigpic
                Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register
                Don't forget to check the Wiki! http://katriders.com/wiki

Comment

Originally posted by steves View Post
                  The difference being you should run a correctly gauged power wire from the battery instead of relaying on the stock wiring harness.

The stock harness likely doesn't have sufficient capacity to fire the ballasts and over time could cause wires to melt.
                  Thanks. Is there a specific gauge power wire that you recommend? And where to get it?

Comment

If you search around for some of the others that have done HID installs... you'll probably get some better answers.

KatRiders.com conversations about Suzuki Katanas
                    and the days spent riding them. Includes Vintage Kats, Street Fighters, 1100 Kats Only, and Long Term Projects.

Questions, answers and posts pertaining to electrical mods and problems

KatRiders.com conversations about Suzuki Katanas
                    and the days spent riding them. Includes Vintage Kats, Street Fighters, 1100 Kats Only, and Long Term Projects.
                    -Steve

sigpic
                    Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register
                    Don't forget to check the Wiki! http://katriders.com/wiki

Comment

I bought them for my 05 Kat and they are brighter and cooler .
                      I have got to work on my sensitivity ........ok thats over lets get to the next caring moment

Comment

Originally posted by steves View Post

When I got my kit from DDM I bought the installtion kit for $17 and it came will all the correct wires to hook it up to the battery. Saved a lot of time and was a clean install. Basically plug and play. I also have a kit for my wifes Escape. I plugged it into the stock harness and it has been fine for about a year. Not sure if the wire size if different from her car to your bike though. Id play it safe and run new wires.

Ive got my bike apart, if you want/need pictures let me know.
                        Originally posted by arsenic
                        93 octane fuel and K&N pod filters rock.

Comment

How big is the main lead 12ga?
                          90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
                          I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
                          Originally posted by soulless kaos
                          but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

subscribed.....
                            Please, Just go home, relax, and have a think or two... hell... have as many as you can handle! It'll do all of us some good.
                            Tony
                            94 Katana 600

Comment

Originally posted by HemiKat View Post
                              When I got my kit from DDM I bought the installtion kit for $17 and it came will all the correct wires to hook it up to the battery. Saved a lot of time and was a clean install. Basically plug and play. I also have a kit for my wifes Escape. I plugged it into the stock harness and it has been fine for about a year. Not sure if the wire size if different from her car to your bike though. Id play it safe and run new wires.

Ive got my bike apart, if you want/need pictures let me know.
                              Yeah, I'll buy the installation kit too. I think I'll be fine with out pics, but if I run into problems I'll ask questions in this thread. Thanks again HK

Comment

Working...
                              X