X

Question - Billet Tire Valves

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question - Billet Tire Valves

I posted a question along with my introduction and it was suggested that this was probably a better location for the question.

Paula Selvidge of MotorcycleAnchor suggested that maybe someone here may be able to answer the question. They were unable to answer it due to the death of Marc Glasgow (aka. the Cyberpoet). The following is a copy of the message I sent to MotorcycleAnchor:

Approximately 2 years ago I installed a pair of the "Billet Tire Valves" (http://www.motorcycleanchor.com/tire_valves/index.htm) in the wheels of my 1996 Honda Pacific Coast (PC 800). I positioned them pointing to the left side of the bike due to the stub on the rim for the valve stem support, but I would now like to reposition them pointing to the right side as I feel it will be easier to check pressure on the rear tire with the bike leaned on the side stand. I am ready to mount a new rear tire therefore I will be able to get to the nut on the "Billet Tire Valve". My question is will the "rubber gasket" reseal if I loosen the "paired nut" on the valve body and rotate the valve 180 degrees and retighten the "paired nut" or will I need a new rubber gasket. I am aware I will have to cut the stub from the rim so the "Billet Tire Valves" will seat correctly, this will not effect the sealing surface.

Any assistance anyone can provide will be greatly appreciated. Thanks for your time.

Ride Safe!!!! Mac H.
    Last edited by VintageRider; 06-23-2010, 08:55 PM.

If the gasket is still in good shape, there's no reason why it shouldn't seal again when you rotate it... however if the gasket is starting to dry out/crack/age it may not make a good seal again.
    -Steve

sigpic
    Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register
    Don't forget to check the Wiki! http://katriders.com/wiki

Comment

What Steve said, plus one other note, one the threaded portion inside, there is some type of locking compound to keep the nut from backing off. If it isn't holding, I would make sure to use some type of thread locker.
      Pics
      Pics
      No pics yet
      Just because they sound the same doesn't mean they are: there≠their≠they're; to≠too≠two; its≠it's; your≠you're; know≠no; brake≠break

Comment

It doesn't get torqued down very hard so it should still be in good shape assuming it passes the visual checks mentioned above.
        -2000 "750"

Comment

Working...
        X