X

Modding a pre exhaust

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Modding a pre exhaust

Hi, i wondered if anyone have tried to drill out the inner part on the end of the exhaust can's on the stock exhaust? Is the sound any greater? Any negative effects on the engine?

Thinking of removing the part that i've outlined in red on the picture
    Suzuki GSX600F 92'

OK you need to understand how the can works. Cutting out that section gives you an open pipe.. That smaller pipe goes through the length of the can, cur that out and you loose your baffles, packing everything.

Comment

Sounds terrible but is alot louder... the more you remove, the more you expound upon both of those...

Unless you go extream, it won't nessasarily ruin your motor... but your performance is certainly going to go down.

Krey
      93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

I took a 3/8 in rod around 12 in long ground a point to it and hammered it down through the center through 2 plates inside and to me it is allot better than stock and seemed to help the performance or at least the clutch thought so because it would not hold even in 5th
        1990 kat 600 sigpic

Comment

A lot of people seem to think that by just opening up the exhaust, their bike should have more power. The fact is, unless you rejet the carbs, your lean factory jetting just got leaner. Your bike will start worse and run hotter.

You would really only benefit from opening up the intake or exhaust if you rejet the carbs.
          Last edited by akarob; 05-07-2010, 09:15 AM.

Comment

sounds a little tricky. good luck

Comment

Working...
            X