X

Good Deal on tires?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cale_Kat
    Honestly, I don't care if you're interested in IRC tires or think my buddy's got something you might be interested in.
    If you go back and read carefully, I never disparaged the tires other than to say don't run bias tires if radials are available. I have zero experience with the brand and have never tested them -- if someone wants to pony up for a pair (like your friend), I will be happy to run them in my next tire comparo when I do one again. The last Katana tire comparo I ran tested Macadam 90x, Dunlop 205 & 207's, Metzeler Z4's (& subsequently Z6's), Bridgestones, Avons, Cheng-Shins and Pirelli Diablo's. In the coming 12 months, it will probably be time to do another comparo because many of these tires have been upgraded in some sense since the last test.

Cheers,
    =-= The CyberPoet
    Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

opps
      An Ole man once said:"It is better to be thought a fool because of silence, than to open ones mouth and remove all doubt"

Comment

Originally posted by Cale_Kat
        So when I read CP’s story about this accident (and the near fatality of the motorcyclist and his rider) I thought, “Would I have the stomach to make excuses like "I never saw it…" or "the light was really bad…" or “I’ve ridden that road at that speed a thousand times before…” to my family?”

So, I hope you’d never let me tell that story without pointing out my own mistakes. Something like, “If you can't see what's on the road, adjust your speed so that while you’re out there riding "blind" if you do come across some $hit large enough to rip a gapping hole in your tire, you wont get killed when you crash.” Or, “Traveling around corners on public roads at 85 mph where you could be pitched off your bike because you failed to detect a piece of road debris sufficiently large to cause a massive blow-out, is reckless.”

Too much of "it just happens..." and "out of nowhere..." in life can be avoided by eliminating the added risk factors we bring to the equation. Don’t let your last thought be, “What was the point of wearing this stupid helmet?”
        Sound like someone had a bad day!!! Point totally missed, heard(read really) but not gotten.
        Cale_Kat since written words have no emotions, tone, or implications, please enjoy your time here and let things go. AND As you continue on with your young life, smile knowing that you are just........well you.
        An Ole man once said:"It is better to be thought a fool because of silence, than to open ones mouth and remove all doubt"

Comment

Bias Tires

Bias tires were around for years before radials came out. They were used on some of the most sophisticated and powerful sport bikes ever produced - so what's wrong with them?

Comment

Originally posted by mambopalace View Post
            so what's wrong with them?
            Did you not read the humungous write up from CP, he didnt type it for his health...

Bias tires are old technology. Period. They are not meant for high speed travel at all, offer sub par grip, and will shred if punctured subsequently causing serious injury or death.

Ill post and hope this is read...http://www.forconstructionpros.com/p...as-Ply/2FCP384

Bias tires stopped being standard in 1991. They were outdated 17 years ago, why buy them now? I'll stick to my radials...

Oh yeah...
            Last edited by scottynoface; 11-26-2008, 05:28 PM.
            90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
            I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
            Originally posted by soulless kaos
            but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

Bias tires were around for years before radials came out. They were used on some of the most sophisticated and powerful sport bikes ever produced - so what's wrong with them?

Used many, many years ago when the powerful sport bikes were not as powerful as today's sport bikes. In my opinion, bias ply tires caused many accidents that were mainly blamed on road conditions. I personally found that out 20 years ago when I had a set on my car that did nothing but slid on wet roads at lower than posted speeds. Why did I buy them...... they were cheap. Never again.

Comment

If it has to do with tires & wheels, then you're in the right place.
                Best tire for a Katana? What's the tread life on a particular brand ? Size of a stock rim?
                Chains & Sprockets? These questions and so much more are addressed right here !

Or maybe you should ask yourself why all the major motorcycle racing classes (AMA, SuperBike, MotoGP) all use radials?

Cheers,
                =-= The CyberPoet

Last edited by The CyberPoet; 11-30-2008, 02:04 PM.
                Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Same reason you are typing this dreck on a computer. Typewriters have been around for much longer and some of the greatest writers in all of history used them, so what is wrong with them. Oh wait we can go back further to the days of writing with a quill pen, so what is wrong with... I'm hoping you can understand the point about technology.
                  Pics
                  Pics
                  No pics yet
                  Just because they sound the same doesn't mean they are: there≠their≠they're; to≠too≠two; its≠it's; your≠you're; know≠no; brake≠break

Comment

Working...
                  X