Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

I want to know what this 83 Katana is worth?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ct3 View Post
    I wouldn't pay more than $2k for a 83' Kat, no matter how prestine is is. Hell my kat is a 06' 750 and I got it with 6k miles for $4,000, and it was in mint condition with a few upgrades.
    ya...what Ray said. You are comparing apples to oranges. your's is a mass produced "sticker bike", and I would not trade you even.

Van....I have a couple of nice kats I would be willing to part with. Last year I would have let this on go for $3k, but now that I see they are going for much higher, my price is a solid $3500 firm. It is in very very nice shape. The only issue is with the engine. I think I have starter clutch issues. It comes with a complete spare engine at $4k.

I also have this 750 with the pop-up headlight. I have two actually. $1500 each, and each needs a wee bit of work to become "new".

Last edited by Mojoe; 08-11-2009, 08:07 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    I don't have a short temper. I just have a quick reaction to bullshit.

Comment

I'd pay $4000+ for the eBay 750, it's in gorgeous shape and mint ones are getting harder to find.

I paid $3500 for my 82 1100 back in May and it would need a complete disassembly and refinishing to be as nice as that 750.

At the end of the day, something is only worth what someone will pay for it. If I had a spare $4600 burning a hole in my bank account, that someone would be me! :mrgreen:
      Last edited by exc911ence; 08-11-2009, 09:13 AM.
      1980 GS1100E, 2002 748S, 2010 ZX14, 2013 Bonneville T-100

Dave

Comment

Damn Mojoe, I if were anywhere near you I'd grab one of those popups from ya.
        Chris

Originally posted by jetmerritt
        Save up for great gear and dress for the fall before you ride. If you can't afford good quality gear, don't ride. It's like saying you can't afford seat belts for your car. There are just no laws to make gear mandatory.

Comment

Originally posted by Mojoe View Post

I also have this 750 with the pop-up headlight. I have two actually. $1500 each, and each needs a wee bit of work to become "new".

One of these days I'm going to take one of those pop-ups off you hands (unfortunately not until I get rid of the second 82)
          Last edited by Guest; 08-11-2009, 09:25 AM.

Comment

Hey exc911, that 82 of yours looks pretty good from that picture! I wouldn't be too hard on yourself on that one! Ray.
            85GS1150E 83GS1100SD 83GS1100ES 82GS1000SZ 96GSXR1500DRAGBIKE 96GSXR1400DRAGBIKE 90GSXR1166DRAGBIKE 05SDG110PITBIKE & 8 QUADS!!! "Life is tough! It's even tougher when you're stupid!" John Wayne

Comment

Originally posted by suzukiray View Post
              Hey exc911, that 82 of yours looks pretty good from that picture! I wouldn't be too hard on yourself on that one! Ray.
              No, she's pretty nice just needs some touch-ups on the frame where the paint's worn off and a respray of the fairings and tank due to a slight fading of the factory paint. I've already got a set of decals to put back on if I do repaint her. She's a 50,000 mile original, albeit with a Yosh exhaust. My kingdom for a set of stock exhaust pipes!

Dave

Comment

Originally posted by exc911ence View Post
                No, she's pretty nice just needs some touch-ups on the frame where the paint's worn off and a respray of the fairings and tank due to a slight fading of the factory paint. I've already got a set of decals to put back on if I do repaint her. She's a 50,000 mile original, albeit with a Yosh exhaust. My kingdom for a set of stock exhaust pipes!
                she looks pretty good.

as for a stock exhaust, well.....I have a spare set. could have sold them a dozen times over, but if anything ever happened to my exhaust, well.....that is why I am keeping them. easier to get pretty much anything else for the bike than to find a stock exhaust.

One of my 750's has an aftermarket pipe, but the other has a mint stock exhaust.

I have a mint stock dual exhaust for a gs550ef (full fairing sport model) if you know anyone looking. doubt it would fit the 750, huh? I should try it. frames are pretty much the same on the two bikes.

Originally posted by Waltari View Post
                One of these days I'm going to take one of those pop-ups off you hands (unfortunately not until I get rid of the second 82)
                well, how many times have you heard me say i was going to sell? a few. and each time I chicken out. kind of a lot of money to be just sitting around, but something keeps me hanging on to them. maybe I would let one 750 go. both is iffy.

ideally, I would like to see all 3 go together. $6k would take them all. $1500 each for the pop-ups, and $3k for the 1100
                Last edited by Mojoe; 08-11-2009, 08:57 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

If any of you need stock exhaust systems, I have the one on the 83 Kat 1100 & the one on the 83 1100ES I just got today. Both are in GREAT shape & I have no need for them. Sorry, but I KNOW what they are worth! If anyone is interested let me know. All of my street bikes get V&H megaphone pipes or the Yosh/Bassani straight pipe exhaust systems. Ray.
                  85GS1150E 83GS1100SD 83GS1100ES 82GS1000SZ 96GSXR1500DRAGBIKE 96GSXR1400DRAGBIKE 90GSXR1166DRAGBIKE 05SDG110PITBIKE & 8 QUADS!!! "Life is tough! It's even tougher when you're stupid!" John Wayne

Comment

PM sent about a pop-up.

Dave

Comment

paid 2500 cash for my 96 600. 8000 miles and in mint condition.

Comment

Originally posted by suzukiray View Post
                        If any of you need stock exhaust systems, I have the one on the 83 Kat 1100 & the one on the 83 1100ES I just got today. Both are in GREAT shape & I have no need for them. Sorry, but I KNOW what they are worth! If anyone is interested let me know. All of my street bikes get V&H megaphone pipes or the Yosh/Bassani straight pipe exhaust systems. Ray.
                        I might be, what exactly are the stock exhausts worth?

Dave

Comment

Originally posted by FlyingWheelsCycleCourier View Post
                          paid 2500 cash for my 96 600. 8000 miles and in mint condition.
                          why is it you guys feel the need to tell us vintage kat owners what you paid for your sticker-bikes? no offense, but when you come in this section, don't expect a whole lot of pats on the back telling you what a great deal you got.
                          maybe if you had a pre, you might get a little "support"....but your 96 has nothing in common with the bikes in here at all.

I wouldn't say this, but when you guys tell us how much you paid, it can almost come across as "I bought a newer bike for less than you pay for those old ones",,,which in return we could say something like, "ya, well you bike is going to do nothing but depreciate, where as these bikes will just go up in value". In other words, they are investments, where as yours ISN'T!

Comment

Such hostility Mojoe, especially considering what you're riding in your avatar!

I agree with you though, I didn't come on here bragging that I only paid $2000 for my RF600R.

Dave

Comment

1800-2500

Comment

Originally posted by exc911ence View Post
                                Such hostility Mojoe, especially considering what you're riding in your avatar!

I agree with you though, I didn't come on here bragging that I only paid $2000 for my RF600R.
                                on the contrary, bud. no hostility at all. just speaking what I believe to be the truth. Yes, I do ride a "newer" kat, but it is still 17 years old and in somewhat of a class by itself, being a bit rarer of an 1100.

so let's just all be honest here.....who in here who owns a vintage kat, really cares what someone paid for a mid 90's 600 or 750? Personally, I don't like them. I find them heavy, bulky and grossly underpowered. But then again, I am biased because I remember them starting to become popular back in the early 90's when I had my 1100, and thought to myself, "cool....a katana for the chicks". I never would have guessed that someday there would be a site like KR full of all kinds of "tough guys" who own them

so ya...they are great bikes and all....pretty much bullet proof and very capable in the right hands. some members on here have some real beauties. but none the less, they do not have ANYTHING in common with the old original kats and can not be compared to them at all....and that includes what you pay for them.
                                Last edited by Mojoe; 08-12-2009, 01:13 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X