No announcement yet.
X

Katana in a Minivan?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Here you go everyone...its entirely possible...and heres the proof!
    Took a little while and a couple of friend...but everything went smooth! You can see too that the bike is not in bad shape (the black stuff is from the fingerprinting they did on it!)
    Always keep your head up

Matt

Comment

I am in the William and Mary sweatshirt and those other people are my neighbors...they helped us out. All we had to do was ramp it right up the back...with no windscreen ...that was it!
      Always keep your head up

Matt

Comment

You know, I suppose it would be a bit easier to take off the windscreen and ramp it into the back. Didn't even thing about that at the time.

Oh well, if you have no tools, it should fit in the side door!
        Kan-O-Gixxer!
        -89 Gixxer 1100 Engine
        -Stage 3 Jet Kit / KNN Pod Filters
        -Ohlins Susupension
        -Various Other Mods

Comment

next time tell them to wear gloves!!

Comment

Wait, I just realized something.....

Hitman, do you have a Mini-Van?!?!?!?!?!
            Kan-O-Gixxer!
            -89 Gixxer 1100 Engine
            -Stage 3 Jet Kit / KNN Pod Filters
            -Ohlins Susupension
            -Various Other Mods

Comment

Originally posted by Hitman
              I am in the William and Mary sweatshirt and those other people are my neighbors...they helped us out. All we had to do was ramp it right up the back...with no windscreen ...that was it!
              Glad it worked out for you Hitman When are you heading out to NC? I'm possibly loading my bike in my dads minivan also for the rally but that is not until july. lucky for you, your only 4 1/2 hours away i'm in chicago so its about a 900 mile (14 hrs.) trip---LOL (possibility of riding the 900 miles with my buddy-hes still thinking it over)
              PAUL
              93 GSXF6 PIX.

"Opinions are like A$$holes, Everybody has one"

Comment

The lovely guy that stayed beside us at the Gap put his bike in a mini van. (what the heck was his screen name? I'm losing my memory.
                Was it HK Ray from the KP Rally a few years ago? The bald guy?
                '97 YZF1000R, '98 & '02 Bandit 1200's, '72 XS-2, '97 CBR900RR Project, '85 700 Interceptor, '75 RD350

Comment

Originally posted by SweetLou
                  Wait, I just realized something.....

Hitman, do you have a Mini-Van?!?!?!?!?!

Hey Hey...the uncoolness of the minivan is wiped out by the coolness of tha Kat right??

Actually as much as I hate it, it serves a purpose. I travel alot and when I do I have to take my 2 Chocolate Labs...so I just take the seats out and they sleep in the center. And besides...it was free!
                  Always keep your head up

Matt

Comment

Don't feel bad, I just traded my tahoe for a new mini-van. And it is NOT free.

Good job on the load, that may come in handy if I need to transport before I get a hitch.
                    AMA member # 224227

Comment

I have put my bike in a van. All mine is a full size Chevy w/ room for two bikes, one facing forward and the other backward. No pics though, sorry.
                      TDA Racing/Motorsports
                      1982 Honda CB750 Nighthawk, 1978 Suzuki GS750 1986 Honda CBR600 Hurricane; 1978 Suzuki GS1100E; 1982 Honda CB750F supersport, 1993 Suzuki Katana GSX750FP. 1981 Suzuki GS1100E (heavily Modified) http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=94258
                      Who knows what is next?
                      Builder of the KOTM Mreedohio september winning chrome project. I consider this one to be one of my bikes also!
                      Please look at this build! http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=91192

Comment

Was this bringing it home from impound ? What damage was there ?
                        I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

600newbie...it was his friends...he worked for Chrysler, it was a test vehicle...had a stickshift!
                          He didn't tell ME all that! Where is 600newbie anyways?
                          Start every day with a smile and get it over with - WC Fields

Comment

Dont worry about the mini van just ride.
                            sigpic

Comment

Glad it fit, and thanks for posting the pics. The Kat does make you a bit cooler that owning "just" the mini van
                              Your dogs are gorgeous
                              Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register

Comment

Originally posted by Batgirl
                                600newbie...it was his friends...he worked for Chrysler, it was a test vehicle...had a stickshift!
                                He didn't tell ME all that! Where is 600newbie anyways?
                                he goes by the name of TZORTN now...same avatar...the blacksmith...sometimes Batgirl...I wonder if you have done a lot of drugs when you were younger

Comment

Working...
                                X