No announcement yet.
X

Cruise Control

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

For my second purchase, I bought it on ebay. It still was around $90-$100, just like last time from Summit Racing.
    How To Install Race Tech Emulators & Rebuild Forks
    How To Repack Yoshimura RS3 Exhaust
    How To Install Oil Cooler Fans
    How To Install Audiovox Cruise Control On A 1998+ Katana

Comment

That's what I'm seeing, too. Amazon has them for $90 w/ free shipping which isn't too bad but the thought of finding one for way less (with some help from one of our AWESOME Katriders) sure does look good.
      Wherever you go... There you are!

17 Inch Wheel Conversion
      HID Projector Retrofit

Comment

I'm cheap i've used the same cruise control device on my last 3 bikes. A large o-ring just small enough to keep throttle where you leave it.

Comment

That's not cruise (speed) control. That's throttle lock. Works just fine across west Texas and other flat, boring places but isn't worth a dime when the ground keeps going up and down. I'm driving from NJ to western MD and back every weekend. There's MOUNTAINS in the way!

17 Inch Wheel Conversion
          HID Projector Retrofit

Comment

Wild-Bill here's the phone # for a store that has one listed for closeout they might ship 303 753-0651.I'm not able to drive for the next few months or I'd try to get it for you.I'm in a sling/pillow contraption after surgery for tearing my rotator cuff and I know my wife wouldn't want to drive the 20 miles to buy it,so give them a call I bet they'll ship.

Comment

YOU ROCK but too late! Apparently the store's driver already bought it. Any more leads?

17 Inch Wheel Conversion
              HID Projector Retrofit

Comment

After typing in random zip codes this is the only other one I've found. 303 751-3830 Good luck

Comment

I have a simple throttle lock and once you learn how to play with it, it is a good cheap method. But, as indicated above it does do well in hilly areas. I used it on a 2 day 500 mile ride and it served its purpose! If you have the $, go with the real thing, if not throttle lock IMO.

Comment

i use a wrist cruise control I got from iron pony and I love it.

Comment

i just try to avoid the interstate. I think i will be going with a vista throttle lock though this summer.

i find a good 2 lane road that was there before the interstate can make just as good of time (unless you get a ticket.

“Programming today is a race between software engineers stirring to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the universe is winning.”

Comment

Bump...
                        Anyone else seen a CCS100 on clearance? They seem to go pretty fast when they hit the clearance table so I'm not having much luck so far. I've got the bike apart already and I'd love to be able (to afford) to get one of these installed.

17 Inch Wheel Conversion
                        HID Projector Retrofit

Comment

Working...
                        X