X

upcoming trip

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• upcoming trip

Currently in the planning stages of a trip that my buddy and I will be taking in July.

He did a week long ride last year on his own...what a guy...didn't even tell me about it until he came back!!!

Anyways at this point we are discussing a number of routes and have not yet set anything in stone. Our current planned route is shown below:

Selected Itinerary

1. Toronto Ontario
    2. Pittsburgh Pennsylvania
    3. Charleston West Virginia
    4. Robbinsville North Carolina
    5. Memphis Tennessee
    6. Oklahoma City Oklahoma
    7. Kansas City Kansas
    8. Chicago Illinois
    9. Toronto Ontario

(try to save pic of map but it would only let me save as a gif) couldn't figure out how to post a gif)

We will be leaving Toronto on July 13, which will put us at the dragon for the early part of the rally.

I will be using the touring 411 forum to gather information on prepping for the trip, and to keep you all informed and updated on the ride.

our luggage needs are sorted out, and we are currently researching communication devices that will allow us to incorporate our mp3 players as well.

We may also be using GPS for the trip, but are unsure at this time. GPS units are still rathr expensive, so I doubt I'll buy one, but I know a guy that rents them out. If I can work something out with him, then we may use one for the trip.

I still have a fair bit of work to complete on both bikes before the riding season, so I need to find some time soon.

Items to be completed are:

His bike -
    I need to paint his bike. No major damage, so its pretty much a scuff and paint job, so It won't be too bad.

My Bike -
    Motor swap. I just fired up my 750 motor that I need to take out of its current home and put in its new home.

Brakes - I will be adding a new master cylinder and front calipers

Shock - new shock to be installed (too bad I can't afford to jump in on the ohlins deal)

New battery - not time consuming but the $ is adding up

New front tire

This maintenance list isn't that bad, but unfotunately I have a number of other projects on the go that need finishing as well......not enough time in a day!

www.SOARacing.ca

cool. there are a few kat riders around the memphis,tn area.keep us posted maybe we can all meet up

Comment

Let us know when you come through Kansas City and we'll hook for some good BBQ
      If you enjoy the freedom to ride, if you enjoy the freedom to ride anywhere you want, Thank a US Military Vet. THANKS FOR SERVING!!!!

Comment

I live 10 miles from the i-35/i-40 junction in OKC, just a mile from a suzuki shop, just a one bedroom apt but you are welcome to the floor, the shower or the fridge. If you want you can even mail clean clothes here and I'll mail you dirty ones home... let me know if I can help make the trip easier, send me an email if you want my number for your cell phone or anything else

Comment

Chinto, somehow I think that trip is going to take a lot LESS time than originally planed, now.
          sigpic

Comment

hehe seems like it eh ...thanks for bringing this thread back up, somehow I missed a good bit of hospitality from a few members. Thanks for the offers folks...The trip is just a month away so it will be here in no time. I will need to tee up with my travelling companion and we'll come up with our game plan. I will get in touch with those of you that have offered BBQ and other hospitality as we figure out the plan. This just goes to show what a great group of folks we have here at KR thanks again guys....well done

www.SOARacing.ca

Comment

There are a few katriders n the Nashville area. Let us know when you are going to be here.

Comment

Working...
              X