X

To hack or not???

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• To hack or not???

My wife gave me a 89 Kat 750 that was built by a pro but sat for years. I'd planned on rebuilding the carbs this winter. Then I got to thinking, what if I did custom paint? If I was going to do that, why don't I modify the plastic? I could change the tail (I'm thinking about scabbing a Ninja tail but leaving the exhaust outside. Clean, sharp, and high). I could stretch and drop the front fender to hug the tire and bring the front around to a sharp point. I'd like to french the tail and headlight. I'd change the headlight to a round, fake HID. The finishing touch would be simple but mean-looking airbrushing (ghost flames?) on deep candy-apple red. I could go resto but I've seen plenty of GSX-Rs that have gone that direction.
    Easy stuff but ruining the "stock-ness" of the bike. Any thoughts? Comments?

join the club.......there are a few of us that have decided to hack apart a perfectly fine bike.....

ME
    Waltari
    Crazymofo

maybe some others Im forgetting...just search around under the swingarm swap threads
    Uh Oh here we go....

Comment

its up to you! hack away my friend hack away just dont paint it orange

Comment

Hey, BlackKat, I never thought about going naked. That looks good. It looks like you removed the bars under the seat. That's one area I'd like to clean up. Yours looks crisp with the shape of the seat. I'm eiter going to go that way or maybe a 'busa-like tail. I can't tell what you did for mirrors and turn-signals (not that I want them but in WA, they'll get me for sure).

Comment

I basically unbolted all that tail end stuff (mainly it was the tail light bracket). That is just a pic I took before I Started cutting the bike apart
          Uh Oh here we go....

Comment

Working...
          X