X

1 piece or 2 piece?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1 piece or 2 piece?

So I am finally getting some leathers (Alpinestar GPU) and was wondering whether you guys would suggest a 1-piece or a 2 piece. The only benefit I see to getting a 2 piece is that you can use the jacket without the pants (I already have a good jacket). Other than that it seems like 1 piece is the way to go. Am I missing anything else? Are 1 pieces more uncomfortable? Thanks for your guidance.
    Watch out for those BUICKS!

A one piece comes across as more track oriented IMHO.

At rest stops you can take off your jacket with a two piece and walk around, a one piece you need to let the top half hang down as you walk around.

Just remember as long as your two piece has a 360 zipper it is a track legal suit (at least up here).
    Kyle

Comment

What are you planning to do with the suit?

For almost anything other than track days, a 2 piece is probably going to be more practical.

If you ride to go places and do things other than ride when you get there a 2 piece is going to be better. If you just go out and ride for a few hours, a 1 piece may be more comfortable.

Have you tried on a 1 piece?
      I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity. -- Edgar Allan Poe

Comment

Originally posted by paperairplane
        What are you planning to do with the suit?

For almost anything other than track days, a 2 piece is probably going to be more practical.

If you ride to go places and do things other than ride when you get there a 2 piece is going to be better. If you just go out and ride for a few hours, a 1 piece may be more comfortable.

Have you tried on a 1 piece?
        I plan on just using the suit for canyon carving (no errands). In regards to your other question, no I haven't been able to try on a 1 piece. I live in an area where I have never even SEEN a 1 piece suit let alone try one on. I plan on buying it from a place that has a liberal exchange policy.

Comment

I've got both, if you plan on riding only on the street stick with the 2 piece.
          I like you. When the world is mine your death will be quick and painless.

Comment

I have the one piece and love it. There are times I wish I did have a 2 piece for the reasons stated above. When I do go out and ride hard I wear it. When I am going back and forth to work or to a friends house I just where my leather jacket I have. It is all in ones preference. If you plan on doing track days later on I would go with the 1 piece and if not then the 2 piece will do just fine.
            www.mopowersports.com

Comment

I have both....no doubt about it...2 piece

1 piece is designed to be comfortable in the riding position...very uncomfortable when you are off the bike...not to mention a BIATCH to get on or off.

as long as the 2 piece is matching...then it is more then adequate for street riding and the occasional track day.

Comment

Thanks guys, I appreciate all the advice. I was pretty dead set on the 1 piece but you all changed my mind. 2 piece it is.

Comment

Working...
                X