X

Icon helmet

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Icon helmet

I am looking at one of the New 06 ICON - Hooligan Mainframe Helmet.It retails for around 250.I can get it from my local shop for 180.I love the look does anyone have one also do they cut the wind noise down.I also was wondering about there sizing I wear a Lg in my Flumer are they sized about the same.
    1998 Katana green Wileyco pipe,K&N filter,Pilot powers.

I have an enormous head..
    Their helmet fits me very well...

It is a bit noisy, I've been happy with the quality
    (I've had my Alliance for a year)

Comment

I would suggest you go to a store and try one on...different helmets are made differently and fit differently...So your Fulmer may fit one way but the Icon may not be as comfortable...check one out and then lay down the $$...I've heard that the Icons have quite a bit of wind noise...but I have never owned one so I couldn't tell you...
      Good judgement comes from experience, and often experience comes from Bad Judgement :smt084
      Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com
      Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to Register

nah nah nah nah nah nah JAX! (special thnx to sexwax)

Comment

I would def. suggest tryin it on. you may be able to estimate your size and get close, but its much better to try it on so you know you got the best size. I've also heard that the icons can be noisy. its one of the main reasons i went with my scorpion intead of a mainframe.
        "If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough" Andretti

Comment

Coool thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by Jbird2200
            its one of the main reasons i went with my scorpion intead of a mainframe.
            The Scorpion is a nice helmet for the price too.
            I just couldn't fit into it

Comment

icon has stepped up their quality and design w/ the 06 models of lids. Ive been impressed with them from the people I talk to that use them.

Comment

I just got a KBC VR-2 for a bit less than the Icon helmet I was thinking about getting...and I'm real glad I went with the KBC instead. Its much lighter, not much wind noise, and there is more of a variety of styles to choose from. The only thing (which I heard Icons do also) is fogs up pretty easily. But for the price, I would definately say that the KBC is a better helmet to buy.
                ~~Punish The Deed, Not the Breed~~

Comment

Is this your first KBC helmet to purchase?

reason I ask is my experience w/ them has always been alot of wind noise so Im curious as to your results as well..

Comment

I can get a good deal on KCB's.

Comment

Originally posted by WildKat
                      Is this your first KBC helmet to purchase?

reason I ask is my experience w/ them has always been alot of wind noise so Im curious as to your results as well..
                      Actually it is my first KBC that I've owned. My boy had a VR-1 that I used for a while, and that one was kind of noisy, but I got the VR-2 and it has much less noise than the VR-1. For the price I'd say the KBC would be the best helmet to get.

Comment

Thanks spliff, I always like to get others reactions to see if it matches what I have found out.

I can get a good deal on KCB's.
                        a what?

Comment

KBC's oops

Comment

No doubt bro. If you want, you can check out http://www.motorcyclegearreview.com/ They don't have a VR-2 review yet, but they do have other KBC helmet review on there.

Comment

Working...
                            X