No announcement yet.
X

Question about GoPro Mounting location?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I use a variety of locations. Have a sticky mount on the right side of helmet, interphone f5 on left side, also use a sticky mount on front of bike (post 98) just above headlight, also have used the "roll bar" mount from go pro on fork tube. And a bicycle mount, roughly for 7/8" tube, but have used it on the square rear subframe tubing on the post 98.

gotta say prefer the helmet mount for filming, but never realized how much i look around while riding. Also notice other traffic is miuch more cautious/alert when they realize there is a camera on my head, especially on the Baltimore beltway.

on a side note, vivitar makes a camera that has a mount copied directly from go pro. They sell a bag of mounts at Staples locations for around 20 bucks and you get 3 or four 3m sticky, curved and flat, half a dozen threaded knobs, a tripod mount and half a dozen arms/pivots.

Comment

Yes same deal here, I have the sticky 3 m mounts that are curved and flat
      These are go pro mounts but I use a sony hdr as-15 camera.
      One on the helmet & 2 on the bike. The rear mount is cool cause you can flip the camera around for rear angle shots. You can shoot still frame shots from
      every 5 secs up to every 60 seconds or straight video 1080p 60 fps.hq 30fps.std at 720,vga,slow and super slow. Wish I had this camera 30 yrs ago.

Comment

I have a sticky mount near the bottom of the windshield on my pre. This results in a video without any bike in the picture. I like it, but some may not. I want to get a pack of extra sticky mounts, as Cuda mentioned, so I can try a few more spots. The swingarm shots look interesting.

I had a suction RAM mount for my cellular device last season. While it usually worked well, it did detach a couple times, luckily it didn't get a chance to go far. Now I have the RAM mounted to my brake lever, and it is much more secure. I plan to stay with the sticky mounts for my GoPro.

1997 GSX750F

Comment

it's just below my line of sight but if i look down i can see the screen and buttons to see if it's recording, battery life, etc

Comment

I have a chest mount lets me see the panel and road fine.

Comment

Working...
            X