KOTM Nov 2008 Joe Dahero

Welcome to the KatRiders.com forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   KatRiders.com > Suzuki Katana Forums > Gearing Up

Gearing Up If your going to ride you need good gear!
Tell us what you've got and find out what others are wearing.

Old 05-11-2011, 02:45 PM   #11
Daemontrym
Tank Slapper

I think the worst was when I lived near chicago in a town called joliet. I used to ride down route 6 toward seneca and starve rock. In seneca they would hold helmet roasts protesting against wearing helmets, to me its just a congregation of people who are sick of breathing. IL is also the worst for the tough Harley riders that don't wave to anybody but harleys. Now I live in Az and you can tell when the tourists come cause of that mentality.
Daemontrym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2011, 03:43 PM   #12
STULER
Kat Champion

eBay ID: I_Ride_Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daemontrym View Post
I think the worst was when I lived near chicago in a town called joliet. I used to ride down route 6 toward seneca and starve rock. In seneca they would hold helmet roasts protesting against wearing helmets, to me its just a congregation of people who are sick of breathing. IL is also the worst for the tough Harley riders that don't wave to anybody but harleys. Now I live in Az and you can tell when the tourists come cause of that mentality.
i beg to differ. wisconsin is home of the harley davidson. they all think their bad arse up here. no helmets.. all of em
2007 Kawasaki Ninja ZX14R Special Edition
STULER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2011, 04:37 PM   #13
nitros222
Hardley Ableson

Quote:
Originally Posted by STULER View Post
i beg to differ. wisconsin is home of the harley davidson. they all think their bad arse up here. no helmets.. all of em

sorry my helmet doesnt match my harley..

nitros222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2011, 09:33 AM   #14
soulpatch
TAINTED love

eBay ID: pervpsu

July 2008 KOTM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitros222 View Post
sorry my helmet doesnt match my harley..

Well you need the helmet to mount the lights to for when yours go back out. LOL I.e. From the Ohio meet back to Wi...

soulpatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2011, 10:22 PM   #15
PilotC150
Tank Slapper

When I was taking the test to get my licence there was a guy with a half helmet trying to convince everybody that a full face helmet is more dangerous because it will break your jaw, or break your neck or something when you go down (can't remember exactly). He said he's rather had road rash on his face than a broken neck, so a half helmet is safer.
PilotC150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2011, 02:30 AM   #16
STULER
Kat Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by PilotC150 View Post
When I was taking the test to get my licence there was a guy with a half helmet trying to convince everybody that a full face helmet is more dangerous because it will break your jaw, or break your neck or something when you go down (can't remember exactly). He said he's rather had road rash on his face than a broken neck, so a half helmet is safer.
ahahahahahahahaha thats funny

Garry, I haven't ever actaully ridden with you,,, so if u wear a helmet, i apologize 98% of harley riders dont wear helmets or wear the half helmets
Old 05-13-2011, 06:22 PM   #17
Nero
Look at my C-l-e-a-v-a-g-e!

eBay ID: Stix0816

I saw a picture one time of a Harley guy who slid down the road and had a large portion of his chin sanded off by the slide while wearing a half-face 'helmet.' -Didn't need any statistics after that...

"If you can be convinced of an absurdity, you can be made to commit an atrocity." -Voltaire
Nero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2011, 06:28 PM   #18
Red007
Katrider

Quote:
Originally Posted by STULER View Post
I just witnessed a man and his wife fall in the parking lot at my church at less than 5 mph. he was wearing no helmet and she was wearing a half helmet. AT 5mph!!!! he smashed his face on the windshield of his harley and cut above his eye needing 8 stitches. she was wearing a half helmet (which didnt even hit the ground). she smashed her chin and face and has quite a bit of rash on her face. My point here: Most of the time during a bike accident, the face is the first thing that hits the concrete. So wear a full face helmet at all times!
I never liked those half helmets anyway, they look cheesy or like your on the last episode of *M*A*S*H...LoL..
Red007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2011, 01:56 AM   #19
STULER
Kat Champion

I think they look like penis's ahhahaha i always call em crotch helmets lol
Old 05-15-2011, 11:15 AM   #20
hardlydangerous
Kat Legend

eBay ID: hd-motorsports

there was a young girl killed in Port Dover last year. she was on the bike with her father and she fell off the bike when he accidently popped the clutch from a stop. she smashed her head on the ground and died.

the design of the half helmet allowed the helmet to slip forward over her head on impact crushing the back of her scull.
less then 10mph fall that could have been a bad headache ended a life

HardlyDangerous Motosports
hardlydangerous is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links

KatRiders.com > Suzuki Katana Forums > Gearing Up